Flower Petals

art by: @arttoanimation on twitter

if you want you can follow me on twitter @ashleygarzaj and send me fan art and stuff if you'd like your art to be in the chapter title!
also yes it would be siCK if you wanna make fan art for my stories gO FOR IT <3

prompt: soulmark au. you and your soulmate have a matching tattoo on the wrist!
tw// small blood mention ⚠️
————

Zak stood outside Darryl's doorway, hesitating to knock. Today was the day he would be moving in with his best friend, and the very first day they would see each other in person.

He took a deep breath and knocked.

Darryl immediately opened the door, smiling. For a second Zak suspected he had been waiting there.

He was in the same black and red hoodie Zak had seen him wear over facecam a few times before.

"Skeppy!" Darryl shouted, pulling his friend into a hug.

Zak laughed in return, wrapping his arms around Darryl and hugging him back. "Hi, Bad." He said, a little nervous to be in this new environment.

"It's great we can finally meet! Let me help you get your stuff down!"

They walked outside to Zak's car, and Darryl instantly felt the heat hit him.

"Wheew! It's hot out here." He said, pulling his hoodie off. Instantly, Zak looked to Darryl's wrist. It was common for people to be nosy about soulmarks, since they were all so creative in their own way. And you couldn't really help but to look for your own mark on everyone else's arm.

Of course, Zak didn't actually expect to see his own mark on Darryl.

Zak stepped towards his new roommate, holding his hand out. "Can I see your soulmark?" He asked, worry flooding his mind.

"Please, not Darryl. Please." He begged. Darryl gave him a confused expression before handing his arm over.

There engraved in his skin, was Zak's soulmark. It heart shaped diamond he had been staring at all his life sat itself right there on Darryl's wrist.

It seemed to make sense now. The line above it must have represented the halo.

"He'll be so mad if he finds out!" Zak thought, subconsciously pulling his sleeves over his hands.

"It looks cool." Zak smiled, weakly. Unbeknownst to Zak, Darryl's happy attitude faltered a little.

"Thanks." He smiled, walking towards Zak's car. When they both got there, Zak popped the trunk to get the few boxes he had packed out of it. Darryl raised an eyebrow at him, and grabbed the sleeve of Zak's hoodie. Zak jumped at the touch.

"Aren't you gonna take this off?" Darryl questioned, worry dripping from his voice.

Zak thought of an excuse quickly. "Uh, my soulmark is sort of personal..." He trailed off, looking away from Darryl.

Darryl frowned. "Didn't you just ask me about mine, you muffin?"

Zak nervously shrugged in response, grabbing a box.

Darryl's frown deepened. "You're gonna die of heatstroke, Zak."

"It's fine! There isn't that many boxes." He replied, picked one up and walking back to the house.

Darryl groaned in frustration. He promptly picked up a box and followed.

When they had the majority unpacked, the two sat down on Zak's bed to catch their breath for a moment.