7 Minutes in Heaven (5)

Word count: 1253
A/N
The beginning of this is kind of weird and rushed because I wrote the middle of this first. I really couldn't find motivation to work on this story further, so this was the best I could do to get an end to it.

As of now I'll be taking a small break, but I still love you all very much. Thank you for all the supportive comments and love.

tw// underage drinking

The week had passed quickly, and now it was time for the party Darryl had been dreading since the moment Ashley mentioned it at the ice cream parlor.

And yet there he was, driving the group of high schools to a location she had plugged into his phones gps. He looked over at Zak, who sat in his passenger seat, briefly to give him a nervous smile. Zak smiled back, releasing some of Darryl's stress instantly.

"It's not as scary as it seems," the younger boy giggled.

As they pulled up to the house, Darryl had a feeling Zak's words weren't really true.

It looked like everything he had pictured a high school party to be.

Absolutely terrifying.

The others around him eagerly unbuckled, chanting different forms of giggles and hurry up's to one another.

Darryl stayed in the car, still buckled up with his hands glued to the steering wheel.
For a moment he thought the others had forgotten about him as the quiet continued, but that was proven false when Zak appeared at the drivers side door and opened it.

"Come on, BadBoyHalo!"

Darryl looked at him, a deep uncomfortable frown on his face. "You aren't helping."

Zak rolled his eyes, reaching over to unbuckle his friend. "Do you wanna hold my hand?" He mocked.

The other boy blushed. "N-no," he uttered, but another part of him really wanted to say yes. He reluctantly crawled out of the car and followed Zak inside, finding the house wasn't as crowded as he expected.

He felt awkward, but Zak stuck to his side the whole time, introducing him to people he had never seen or heard of at school before.

Of course, when he was offered any kind of drink, he declined with a flash of Zak's car keys. He was lucky he was the driver; it got him out of any kind of peer pressure.

He was surprised to see that Zak was okay with drinking comfortably. He didn't agree with drinking without adult supervision around, but at the same time he tried to put his faith in Zak to make good choices.

He would probably still have a talk about this with Zak later, but a loud party really wasn't the time.

"I'll just make sure he stays safe," Darryl thought, searching the room to see Vincent and Ashley jamming with a couple other people. "I'll make sure all of them stay safe," he corrected.

As time passed, the group had migrated with a few others upstairs to play what Darryl thought was a fun party game, but when he heard the words "seven" and "bottle" he started thinking it wasn't what he imagined.

Now he was sitting in a circle, a glass bottle spinning in front of him.

Darryl really didn't want to play the game in the first place, but when he said no, Zak's face had dropped so far down it was like the sun itself had stopped shining.

He knew that if he didn't play, Zak wouldn't play either. To Darryl's disappointment, it seemed like the little troll really wanted to. Maybe it was a combination of the alcohol and  desire to fit in that fueled the small boys fire. Darryl wasn't sure.