Chapter 11

Micah clears his throat while picking up his plate to start the dishes.

"Um-someone actually" I correct myself

"Alright" She takes a bite of salad

"So basically" I get quiet, "I dunno I just thought you should know.. um.."

As Micah walks by me he steps on my foot and gives me a look.

"Be more confident about this" he mouths

"I have a boyfriend" I watch her reaction

She stops chewing and corner eyes Micah. My mom finishes chewing her food but doesn't look at me,

"Oh? You and Mi- who is it?"

My mom turns to look at me as I give her a look and mouth, "no not Micah" then I say"You've Met Adym before right?"

I notice her body tense up but she keeps a calm face, "Yeah I've met him before.. Adym Yorba right?"

"Yeah-"

"Yeah we had dinner with them" she nods, "And I work with his mom."

"Oh yeah" I smile sheepishly

"Yeah.. I've heard a lot about him through his mom.. especially recently.." she states

Oh god..

"Oh?" I look at Micah with a panicked look as my mom continues to finish her food

"Yeah" she replies, "how long have you guys been dating?"

"Not long" I laugh nervously

"And not long is how long?" She asks

"Oh you know.. a few days." I mumble

I know, I know, why are you lying? Look, by the way she's talking I think she knows what's going on with Adym and the police. When I look at Micah he's got an annoyed look on his face and shaking his head.

"What?" I mouth

Rather than say anything he turns his head and continues to do the dishes.

"Mhm" She says, "he's been pretty busy lately."

"Yeah with finals going on we all are." I gulp

"He's run into some trouble lately. Know anything about that?" She turns to look me in the eyes

"Trouble? I mean not that I know of" I lie

God, I should've just stayed quiet....

"With the law?" She tries to jog my memory

"The law?!" I try to play dumb

"And parties" she continues, "Lateeee parties."

"Damn" I mumble

"I'm telling you know Victoria Rose Ortega you better stay out of trouble and if in any way you knew about this then tell me now. I need to know because I don't have time for this but I don't need the stress later." She explains

When I don't say anything she repeats herself, "Victoria Rose Ortega answer me, do you know anything about this?"

"I literally just started dating him" I reply, "Before we started dating I never talked to him. We had classes but I didn't pay much attention to him."

"And you guys are dating?" She eyes me

I nod, "Went on a date-"

"You dodged the first question. I don't care about your classes together I wanna know if you knew." She questions

I swear I feel like I'm being interrogated.

"No!" I try not to sound annoyed

Micah makes a face, trying to hold back a laugh as he cleans the dishes.

"And what about you Micah Alejandro Delgado (so I cant remember if I gave him a last name yet or not)" my mom turns to him, "You know anything about it?"

I glance over to Micah who freezes then turns to my
Mom, "About Adym getting involved with the police? Nope."

When she doesn't say anything she puts her plate in the sink and walks off, "I got some work to do. But um tori.. use your head. If you wanna date Adym.. be safe and smart just like you would with any boyfriend."

"Oh and mom" I stop her, "Can you not tell his parents yet? He said he wanted to hold off because he had some family things to deal with."

"I don't know everything that goes on but I'm pretty sure that family stuff is the problem with staying out late." She states simply, "Well..He really made an impression on me to say the least..."

" a Good one?" I ask hopefully

"Think about Everything we talked about Victoria. You tell me whether or not you think it was a good
One." She walks off to her office and shuts the door

I look over at Micah who makes another face, "Damn she really went and used my full name.. she means business then.."

"Totally" I sigh, "So I'm guessing your mom picked out Alejandro?"

"Both my parents did actually" he smiles, "My parents loved the name Micah, especially my dad. My mom loved it because it's also her grandfathers name. It's pretty common but it meant a lot to her and when my dad heard how much it meant to her it meant just as much to him.."

"Aww" I smile

I watch his face as he reminisces, "My mom called me Alex a lot when I was little. That's how I knew she was in a good mood. It made her think of her grandpa too so that also made her happy. She says I remind her of him. My dad was glad I reminded her of a family member but he was also kind of annoyed with the fact that I got my moms skin tone and looks. I still look like him but when people would find out he's my dad they were kind of taken back but realized I had his looks. The only thing I didn't have was his skin tone or a similar skin tone. Once my parents split she got a little more serious and started calling me Micah regularly instead of Alex."

I watch as his smile slowly fades so I lean in and give him a hug. Rather than say anything he hugs me back before I let go. He hates to admit it, but he doesn't mind when some people give him hugs even though he acts like he doesn't hug at all. But everyone needs the to feel the human touch right? It just makes things better.

"Tori-"

"This isn't a pity hug. It's an I'm glad you're in my life hug" I tell him

He chuckles, "Alright."

TBC

I won't be updating till next week cuz im in Seattle but if I get time I will