Chapter 13

As class drags on I get bored and go on my MacBook. We're supposed to be taking notes anyways so I'm allowed to have my laptop out. Since our first period teacher won't let us have our phones out I login to my Instagram and decide to check some DMs. As I scroll through them, one catches my eye. When I click on it, I see a dm from LA Models.

As I read through it, they're asking for me to come in to do a shoot if I'm interested. They continue to talk about what they do, how big of a modeling agency they are and if I know anybody else who might be interested. Almost instantly I think of my friends.

The more I think about reach of them, I realize the girls wouldn't be interested because they're busy all summer. Dylan wouldn't be interested because he's more interested in becoming an NBA player. Meanwhile Peyton wants to be a NFL player and James wants to be a surgeon. On the other hand, I think Micah would be interested. He's not really interested in modeling but he's always interested in earning extra money to support family or to pocket.

Next, I think about Adym. I honestly think Adym would be interested but I don't know if his parents would let him go because he's in trouble. As I read some more about it I decide to respond and ask when and where I can do it and explain That I now live in Sacramento. After Clicking send, the teacher calls my name.

"Yeah?" I look up

"Please answer the question" she points to the board

Micah, who's to the right of me, taps my foot and mumbles the answer. Once I give her the answer she agrees with me and continues class. I thank Micah and turn to Adym, who's head is down on the table.

"Hey" I whisper, "You Okay?"

"Yeah just annoyed about the impression I made on your mom" he whispers

"Don't sweat it baby" I try to reassure him, "It's really no big deal."

Lunch

As we all stand in the lunch line, Adym's hugging me from behind. He's been pretty quiet all day and nobody knows why.

"I love you" I look up at him

He smiles and kisses me, "I love you too."

"So I was looking through my Instagram dms and I got this one dm from LA Models asking if I'm interested in modeling-"

"Bitchhhh you better have said yes" Yasmine interrupts

"They asked if I had friends who'd be interested as well" I add, "Sooo y'all wanna join?"

"I'm gonna be in San Francisco all summer with my grandparents. My parents drop me and my little brother and sister off the first day of summer since they're working a lot. I would've been able to go if we stayed with my brother but since he's going to college soon he's traveling a lot with friends before he has to grind." Yasmine sighs, "I wish I could go."

"Damn.. I cant. My family's flying to Florida for the summer" Ariel replies, "We're flying out the second day of summer to stay with our cousins. I won't be gone long but I'm sure by the time I get back I can't go."

"Yeah they wanted models starting the first day of summer break.." I reply

"Sorry T I'm gonna be in San Jose visiting my aunt" Natasha sighs, "She's sick so my parents want us to go help her as much as we can this summer.."

"Dylan?" I look at him

"Im going to basketball camp to try and get a scholarship" Dylan answers, "but I'd do it if I was free. I could use the money."

"Sorry Tori I'm going to Hawaii for a bit then football camp starts" Peyton replies

"It's fine" I shrug, "Adym?"

"I'll ask but since um... you know... I don't know if I can" he sighs

"Micah?" I look over to him

He nods, "I'm down. Where we gonna stay?"

"I'm tryna see if they can help us with that" I explain

Once we get our lunch we walk outside to our lunch table and sit down.

"Damn" Peyton sighs, "Two more days of school.."

"I know" Yasmine says, "Shit went by fast"

"Reallll fast" Dylan agrees

Adym runs his fingers through his hair before taking a bite of food and staying silent.

"So Who's ready to graduate next year?" Ariel asks us

"I'm so ready" I laugh

As we talk and eat, Adym takes two more bites of food before putting his hood over his head and putting his head down. Peyton looks at me with a questioning look and points at Adym. I shrug and run my hand over his back before holding his hand. He takes my hand and squeezes slightly before loosening his grip.

"Bro You Okay?" Dylan asks him

TBC

Idk when imma update next. Something came up.