O•N•E

Asia in the mm ♥️
Asia~
*Beep beep*
5:30am. I reached over and slammed the snooze button on my alarm, then I swung my freshly shaved legs out of bed. Following my usual routine, I hopped in the shower and completed my hygiene, and finished off by lotioning my body with coconut oil.

I got dressed in my blue scrubs, which hugged my figure nicely, and slipped on my Nike trainers. Now I was ready for work. Sometimes I wonder how I managed to find myself in such a good position. I mean, I'm only 22 and I work as an ultrasound technician in one of the best hospitals in New York. But that's just a temporary thing. I'm not gonna stop until I'm the best gynaecologist in the state. Anyways- that's besides the point. As I rushed through my kitchen, I threw a banana into my purse and sped out of my apartment.

I jumped inside my 2017 Audi A8 and started making the 15 minute journey to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I parked my car and walked through the huge double doors that led to my place of work. Just as I was about to scan my ID in, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I turned around with a mug on my face, ready to fight.
"Hey boo," Tamika sang with a smile on her face. She had been my best friend since middle school and she was the only person I spoke to here. The rest of the nurses were way too messy for my liking.

"Girillll I was just about to slap your ass up, creeping up on me and shit," I said, "what's up though, why you ain't come in to work yesterday?" She looked away to the side like she was hiding something.
"That's tea for another day, but I have to go before I'm late to this meeting. You know Dr. Reed already hates my ass." I stood there and watched her rush off to the paediatrics ward, where she works as a nurse.
Something was off with her, and I was gone find out exactly what was going on.

~three hours later~
The day was going by fast, and the next appointment was my last before my lunch break. I was busy filing some ultrasounds and documents when I heard my door fling open. Quickly, I turned my head up to see a beautiful brown skin girl in front of my desk. Following behind her was a sexy ass lightskin man with braids in his hair and from what I could see, he was covered in tattoos. He must have been around 6"5. He kinda looked familiar but I couldn't put my finger on where I recognised him from.

Before I could get caught staring, I looked away from him. His girlfriend, I presume, spoke up.
" Hey, I'm here for a pregnancy test," she said, her voice higher than I expected it to be.
"Right. Your name is uhhh Miss Williams?" I asked her while looking down at my clipboard full of appointments for the day.
"Yeah."
"Okay, let's get started"
We went through standard procedure and ran through what tests I would be doing on her today. I told her to go pee in a cup and she left the room. The guy was still sitting in his seat scrolling on his phone and popping his gum rudely. I decided to talk.
"Ummm aren't you gonna follow her?"
" Shut up and mind ya damn business. Nobody asked you." He spat back. I can't even lie, I was completely shocked by his attitude but I wasn't going to let him know that.
"sHuT uP aNd MiNd Ya DaMn BuSiNeSs headass. It was just a question, so I don't even know why you're being rude," I replied, pretending to flick through my clipboard, something I did when I was nervous.

He opened his mouth to say something but before he could, his girl came back into the room with the cup of pee and some tissue in her hand. I took it and went into the corner where all of the equipment was. After running some tests, I established that she was pregnant and we did an ultrasound, then I prescribed her some prenatal vitamins. "Any questions or concerns?" I asked her.
"Nah I should be fine," she smiled, "come in babe, let's go." He stood up and opened the door for her. Damn, I didn't even find out his name. As he was about to leave behind her, he looked back at me with an unreadable expression on his face.

Well that was weird...

🔸Hey guys !! This chapter was so dead lol 💀 But there will be juicier chapters to come, I just have to get the book running  smoothly and introduce the characters properly first. Vote and comment x 🔸