S•E•V•E•N

Six months later...
Asia~
I rolled my eyes internally as I put in yet another order for one of those damn chicken sandwiches. If I'd have known I would be making the same thing over and over again, I would have just got a job at McDonald's instead. Oop. Too late for that now. I sucked it up and continued to do my job- only 45 minutes left until the end of my shift.

I know you're probably wondering how tf I got here. My life really went from 100 to zero real quick. One minute, ultrasound tech. Next minute, working at Popeyes. I guess it's just how life goes. I'm not complaining.

Luckily, I had hella savings, so I wasn't completely down when I got fired. I was secure, but I decided to get me a lil job for the time being, just to be sure.

From the corner of my eye I spotted TJ approaching me, and mentally prepared myself for attempt #86. Everyday since I'd started working here, he'd try to sPiT gAmE and get me to go on a date with him. And every time the answer was no. Don't get me wrong - he wasn't ugly or anything. It's just that he wasn't really my type. There was something off about him: shady. Like every time he was around I would find myself looking over my shoulder and being extra cautious. I brushed the thought off and turned around to meet his shameless gaze.

"What!" I spat at him, already aware of his intentions. I kinda felt bad for being rude, but at the same time I wasn't in the mood for his shit. My bed was calling my name, along with a whole pint of ice cream.
"Damn ma you betta' lose ya attitude or imma have to fuck it outta' you. Where my hug at?" He sent a smirk my way. I stepped back, putting some much needed distance between us. He was too close for my liking.

I looked him up and down, irritation evident in my face. "Travis Junior. Move ya lanky ass out of my way before I have to do it myself. Now if you'll excuse me- I have work to do." I pushed past his body and went into the back to grab about 30 of these mf chicken sandwiches.
"Aye ma chill wit tha' government" I heard him chuckle as I walked away...
~~~~~~~~~~

Time flew by quickly, and before I knew it I was pulling out of the parking lot.My mind suddenly drifted to what happened a few months ago. Even though I wasn't Dave's biggest fan, I still felt bad for him. I mean who wouldn't? . *ting!* as I slowed down at the red light, a message popped up on my iPhone.

I didn't even reply, I just put the phone in the cup holder and made my way to her

I didn't even reply, I just put the phone in the cup holder and made my way to her. It had indeed been a hot minute since I had hung out with Tamika. She'd just been so busy with work and I couldn't blame her for that.

In the next 20 minutes, I was slouched on the carpet of Tamika's living room. We were just chilling, eating ice cream and having girl talk like we always do. Somehow, the conversation drifted off to being about TJ. I honestly wasn't even trying to think of his ass right now.

"Asia that boy is fineeee," she said whilst licking her spoon seductively. I cringed at the gesture. "If you don't want his chocolatey self I'll have him."

"Mhmmm you can have him then. I'm not interested." I rolled my eyes at her. Damn, I've been doing that a lot lately. Everyone must be pissing me off. I didn't understand why she was pushing the subject so much. Every time we met up: TJ this, TJ that. It was starting to get annoying.

"And besides, I'm not even ready for a relationship yet. Especially not after last time." I sighed, not even wanting to get into it.

"Right. But no ones telling you to get into a relationship. I'm just saying, give the guy a chance. You can see he's trying. I mean you can't go around hating men forever just because one of them did you wrong." She lectured. I simply gave another eye roll in response and she shook her head. We just dropped the subject as I obviously didn't wanna talk about it, and started arguing over what to watch on Netflix, as usual.

Of course I won the debate so we ended up watching my favourite. Black Lighting. I had watched and rewatched this series about 4 times, but I wasn't going to stop until season 3 came out. This was my shit.

"Asia pause it. I'm going to the bathroom," Tamika hopped up from the couch with speed.
"Mhm the same girl that said she doesn't wanna watch it. Now you're sucked all the way in. Issa trap and you're not getting out." I laughed as she hirried upstairs, and I paused the tv.

Looking up, I noticed that it paused on Khalil's snackish ass. Oh the things I would do to that nigga. Chocolate goodness. Especially when he got the dreadlocks-

I was snapped out of my unholy thoughts when Tami's phone started pinging off the damn hook. Who tf is that?, I thought to myself. Now, I wasn't even a nosey person. I was simply curious as to who was texting my best friend's phone this late at night. It was damn near 3am. I picked up the phone and scrolled through the messages with someone saved under 'LT💙' .

From what I observed, the messages didn't seem like anything sus, so I left it alone for the time being. But I would definitely be asking her about it at a later date. I replaced her phone to its original position and waited for her to come back.

"Wassup bitch. What'd I miss?" She popped up behind me, knowing I hated jump scares and shit. "Nothing. I paused it remember," I side eyed her dumbass whilst laughing.
"Oh yeah." For the rest of the night we just watched more Netflix, ate snacks and talked some more. Before I knew it, I was out like a light.

Random question: do you watch Black Lighting? Who's your favourite character?

And what's up with Tamika and TJ?

Why doesn't Asia want to date anyone? What do you think happened in her past relationship? Let me know! 🖤
Until next update x🥀