S•I•X•T•E•E•N

Asia~
I reluctantly pulled over into the hospital parking lot and grabbed my purse. I really didn't wanna be here, considering it was my old job, but I was kinda left with no choice. After all, it was me who put my mama in a whole damn coma. She definitely deserved it though.

I'll spare y'all the details, but as soon as I saw her digging her grimy hands through my credit cards, I couldn't control myself. It wasn't until I saw blood dripping from her nose that I snapped out of it and threw her into the backseat of my car. Luckily, she was still barely conscious. I stopped outside Latrell's apartment, banging on the door impatiently. Once he opened it, I simply dropped her ass in the doorway and stormed off. Not my problem anymore.That was three weeks ago, and I haven't seen the woman since. But everyone was blowing up my phone trying to convince me to go see her at least once.

While I was waiting for the new receptionist to tell me her room number, I decided to text Dave back. We had been talking quite a lot over the past couple of weeks but I wasn't sure if I wanted anything serious yet. I just needed to focus on myself and my own needs.

"Room 284, go straight up those stairs and it's the last one on the right." I thanked the lady and gave her a small smile before finding her room and knocking loudly. Wakey wakey.

Obviously she was in a coma and she didn't respond, so I opened the door and walked inside. I didn't really know how to feel when I saw her body lying almost lifeless on the bed. I wanted to act like I didn't care, but deep down I still felt kinda bad- she was my mother after all and I would never wish death on her.

I found myself sitting there reminiscing on all the good times we had back when everything was normal. When there were four of us living in harmony under the same roof. But things change, that's just life.

Before I knew it, I'd been in the hospital for a good 4 hours, low-key hoping for her to get up, but she never did. Nurses kept coming in and out to check on her but I didn't pay them no mind. I looked down at my phone to see I had over 20 missed calls. Some from Dave and some from Latrell. Tamika was acting mad weird and distant again so I'd have to see what was up with her later.

For now I needed to go home so I could get ready for work. This was my last shift before thanksgiving break so hopefully I could pick up some good tips. But I had to get a new job soon, Popeyes was too chaotic for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After I finished the shift, I did a sigh of relief and practically sprinted to my car. Everyone that came in there was so rude and ghetto, and the other employees were getting on my nerves too. Travis' ass didn't know when to give up, always trying to talk to me when I already said no.

On my way home I remembered I had literally no groceries left, so I had to stop at the Walmart around the block. The checkout line was just long asf for no reason so it took me like half an hour to get my stuff rung up. I opened a bag of skittles while I was waiting, they would just have to scan it like that I guess.

As I started to approach my driveway, I saw a black car parked opposite that I'd never seen before. Damn I didn't know I had a new neighbour, I'd have to go say hi to them tomorrow morning. I tried my hardest to grab all of the grocery bags at once, ain't nobody making two trips back to the car in the darkness. I've seen too many horror movies to be doing all that.

"Damn," I whispered to myself when I realised I mostly bought snacks and candy. This is why I should have made myself a list. I put most of the groceries away, only leaving out what I was about to cook, and went upstairs to take a shower. Before turning the water on, I got my old school RnB playlist up on Spotify and got ready to vibe and relax.

I spent a good 20 minutes scrubbing the dirt and chickeny smell off of my body, then put a peel off face mask on my face. They just be leaving my skin so smooth and fresh. When I felt something tugging at my robe, my head whipped round like lightning.

"Asia," I screwed my face at the nigga standing before me.
"TJ why are you here and how do you even know where I-" he pressed his finger to my mouth to shut me up and backed me into the wall.
"Don't worry about allat baby." Before I got the chance to raise my hand so I could slap him to his ancestors, he grabbed my arm tightly and tried to wrestle my robe off.
"YOOOO WTF RAPEEEE-" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Surprisingly, no tears were even falling from my eyes.
"Don't do all that screaming Asia, you'll just make it more difficult than it has to be." I tried to knee him in his groin but he had too tight of a grip on me. Girl this has to be a dream. I mumbled to myself after I pinched my leg.

Next thing I know, he was swinging on me with so much force, it caught me off guard and I plummeted to the ground. Why was he doing this to me? The situation didn't look very hopeful but I wasn't going down without a damn fight. Y'all can't just come up in my house and snatch my innocence for no reason. Tf?

With my left arm, I patted the carpet next to me, searching for the sharpest pair of heels I could get my hands on. My fingers found their way to those pointy ass red bottoms.

While he was facing the other way, I aimed for his head and dashed it at him as hard as I could, cussing at myself when it hit his shoulder instead. He looked towards me with an angry smirk on his face, before he charged his body towards mine. That was the last thing I remembered before my eyes fluttered closed and darkness took over.

Just a filler but I hope you enjoyed x💕