1

"You alright?" the alpha laughed, already out of bed and getting dressed, retrieving his trousers from where they were discarded somewhere near the entryway.

He apparently wasn't one for cuddling after knotting which was—fine. Harry would just have to remember to take his meds as soon as he got home, and maybe call Niall over for some platonic affection. The second part was always embarrassing, but would be better than dropping.

For now he just smashed his face into the pillow which smelled like five-star-hotel detergent and murmured a conglomeration of sounds that ended up vaguely affirmative. He hadn't yet regained the ability to string words together. It was due to a combination of teetering on the edge of omega space but not letting himself fall, and also having just been fucked so thoroughly he could hardly remember his own name.

A big hand caressed the side of his face and Harry nuzzled his cheek into the touch. It was probably all he was going to get so he better enjoy it now.

Some alphas were more affectionate than others and this one was on the lesser end of the spectrum. It explained why he was unmated despite the fact that he was wealthy and attractive. Harry didn't want to even imagine being bonded to an alpha who hated affectionate contact unless it was sexual.

The hand fell away and Harry kept his nose pressed to the pillow. His omega instincts were telling him to relax a little bit more and dip beneath the realm of consciousness. Like sinking into a warm bath, it would be so easy. The real chore was ignoring the internal pull. However, nothing was more motivating to him to stay lucid than the threat of being vulnerable.

"Gonna stay the night, babe?"

"Can't," Harry mumbled, "Sorry."

Rules are rules, he considered adding, but thought better of it. Reminding the alpha who had just knotted him multiple times that this was a transactional interaction didn't always end well, in his experience. It was safer to play up the facade. If Harry was lucky he might even get another call, or better yet more money Venmo'd to him tomorrow. One time an alpha he'd never met in person but only chatted with online sent an entire collection of designer lingerie to his P.O. box, which was perhaps the most ideal and astounding situation of them all. Harry didn't even have to do anything.

So he moaned in a way he knew was irresistible and sat up to find the alpha watching him as he got dressed. His name was Michael and he was a forty-five year old defense attorney in New York City who specialized in theft and robbery, which was ironic, considering Harry felt like he was stealing from him right now. Not that he was, but it did require a bit of deception to get the new Gucci leather ankle boots and a pleasing stack of cash for his troubles, now safely stowed in his wallet.

"This was fun," Harry said, rolling out of bed. He meant it, too. Living a life of luxury without having a real job was fun. Fucking alphas for money was less fun, but still alright, especially given the outcome. The money was what got him slick, anyway. Besides, he enjoyed a good fuck, emotionless as it may have been. He was easy for pleasure, in whatever way he could get it.

Tilting his head back and reaching his arms up to stretch, he assessed the current situation of his body in the mirror. There were a few bite marks on chest and presumably his neck as well, which were technically against the rules but Harry had been too blissed out in the moment to notice. It was annoying, but fine. He would just have to be careful to cover them with concealer, and learn from his mistakes. No more letting go enough to not notice the alpha was mauling his neck.

Aside from the bruises, the rest of him was fine. No red marks on his backside despite the rough sex and periodic spanking throughout the night, which was a relief. His soreness wasn't horrible, and he could probably make it home without limping. Probably.

The alpha was still watching him, looking quite self-satisfied at the way he had thoroughly debauched an omega. Harry almost rolled his eyes, but caught himself. Alphas could be so smug, when there was no reason at all. As if Harry belonged to him.

"Agreed. I'll see you around, sometime soon?"

Harry shrugged, slipping into his own trousers and fancy blouse. The fabric smelled like alcohol to his sensitive nose but he ignored it, as he ignored the way come was smearing onto the insides of his clothes. A shower was in order but that would have to wait until he got home. Despite the fact that the pristine, luxurious hotel-room shower called his name, promising pleasant water pressure and fancy soaps. Staying too long was not a risk he was willing to take.

"You have my number," he said with a coquettish smirk, the right amount of flippant and flirtatious all in one short statement. Alphas were simple creatures who enjoyed chasing omegas just a little bit. They lost interest if the omega was too easy, too willing. Harry had discovered, after four years of sugaring, how to tease them in just the way that gave him an all access pass to their hearts—and their bank accounts.

The alpha was still watching him, openly lusting after him. His expression was open and completely readable, as was his scent. Sharp and heady, filled with a kind of desire that almost made Harry blush. Even after all these years, the undivided attention sometimes still got to him.

It was clear the omega had him wrapped around his little finger. Just where he wanted him. All he had to do was seal the deal, so he fluttered over to the bed, pressing a lingering, open-mouthed kiss to the alpha's cheek, exhaling a humid breath. Making sure his own scent conveyed that same sensual yearning.

With that, Harry grabbed his new Gucci boots and left.