34

"I get the feeling you're the kind of guy who doesn't like shopping," Harry observed, sliding his sunglasses over his eyes and resting back against the comfortable leather of the car. The weather was bad, so they were in Louis' Tesla today, rather than the convertible. The windows were rolled up and the air conditioning was on in an effort to curb the heavy humidity from the impending storm.

Harry felt a bit feverish, and he was really hoping he wasn't coming down with a cold, because travelling while sick was not a pleasant experience. He felt hot and sweaty, but the AC was making him shiver. They had to be at the airport in only a few hours and he was worried about feeling sick by then.

"It's not my favorite activity," Louis admitted. He had one hand on the wheel and the other resting on the center console, palm up like an invitation. Harry wasn't sure if it was on purpose or not, so he kept his hands to himself.

Last night was still a bit of a blur and Harry knew he would never have clarity. The sequence of events after Louis defended him was hazy at best. He'd been on the verge of dropping all night, which should've been scary but somehow wasn't, with Louis by his side. It was like his inner omega knew Louis would take care of him no matter what. Harry trusted him. They stayed close to each other and Louis even let Harry nuzzle into his neck a few times. It felt safe there, comforting.

After the swinging chairs, they got on the ferris wheel and had the pure luck of watching the fireworks show from the ride. It was cold with the wind, and Louis let Harry squeeze into his jacket with him, which of course made Harry very happy. After that, they rode the carousel one last time before going home. Harry popped back some pheromone soothers and then crawled into bed, passing out without changing into his pajamas.

"I think we can find some ways to make it fun." Most of Harry's daddies didn't like to shop either, and over the years he'd learned all the tips and tricks to keep them interested enough to continue spending money. The key was to know what he wanted and not be indecisive, and to involve the alpha as much as possible so he wasn't just standing there without something to do.

By the time they emerged from the second store, Harry already had four bags in his hands and Louis offered to carry them. Louis was surprisingly patient, and smiled genuinely whenever Harry included him. Harry would pull a shirt off the rack and ask him what he thought of it, if it was something he would like to see on Harry or if he should keep looking. At the checkout, he pulled out his card casually and never flinched at the total, which Harry found incredibly hot.

"Where to next?"

It was starting to drizzle but he didn't let it bother him as they stepped outside, happy he decided to wear a bandana in his hair today because it was a lost cause trying to tame his frizzy curls in weather like this. Louis produced an umbrella from the car and they walked down the sidewalk side by side. There was a Gucci store not too far from here and Harry was about to suggest that, before Louis pointed to the iconic blue awnings of a store not too far away.

"C'mon, let me buy you something special."

As if the other four bags of gifts weren't special enough. Harry's eyes widened as he saw the Tiffany & Co. sign. He certainly wasn't going to complain about jewelry.

Inside was full was sparkling crystals and precious metals that very nearly made Harry's mouth water. When he was in New York, he spent a lot of time wandering around Diamond District, partly because the jewels were so pleasing to him and partly because he was hoping a wealthy alpha would take notice of him. He'd actually met one of his sugar daddies there, so all the time wasted wandering from shop to shop had actually paid off. By now he knew everything about precious stones and metals and the necessary appraisal process to avoid being cheated.