37

"C'mon love, let's get you upstairs."

Harry's torrent seemed to send him almost fully into heat, and by then he was whining and clinging to Louis like a lifeline. Louis was still stunned by everything that had happened over the past few hours, but if he knew one thing it was that he needed to get Harry upstairs so he could have some privacy. The time for coherent conversations was over. It was all about making sure he was safe and comfortable now, making sure he had everything he needed so Louis could pass the torch to Niall.

The thought of leaving Harry when he was in heat made Louis sick to his stomach, but he knew it was for the best. Even though Harry implied he wanted Louis to help him through it, the proximity of the statement to his incoherence made it so that it could only be taken with a grain of salt. They would've had to plan days in advance, which was impossible in this situation. Louis knew he would have to board a plane out of RSW whether he wanted to or not. Not for him, but for Harry. Because he refused to take advantage of him like this.

Niall was a good guy. A good alpha. Harry trusted him, and so did Louis. He was really trying not to let the jealousy show, because he figured if he did, Harry would use that to his advantage and convince him to stay. Louis loved Niall, but the thought of him being here, with Harry, alone, made his blood boil.

He tried to stand up, to get things moving along, but Harry was still clinging to him.

"Do you want me to carry you?"

The omega made a noise of assent and Louis rolled his eyes, already knowing he was going to comply. Harry went willingly as Louis hooked his hands under his thighs, pulling them up to rest around his waist.

"You're like a koala."

Harry murmured nonsense against his neck in response, apparently past the point of being able to respond with coherent words. Louis barely had to hold him up, because Harry was clinging to him so much, but he kept his hands under his thighs for the sake of not dropping him during their trek upstairs. It was hard to focus when Harry smelled so tempting, but Louis was more concentrated on making sure the omega was comfortable and happy, so he found the willpower to ignore his own arousal.

Assuming Harry would want to spend his heat in the comfort of his own nest, he brought him to the guest bathroom and tried to set him down in the tub. Harry was having none of it.

"No, I can't be here, I hate it-"

Louis was stunned. "What's wrong with your nest?"

"It's horrible!" Harry shrieked, refusing to let go of him. "It's so ugly and messy and I hate it!"

"What?" he asked, baffled. "It's not ugly or messy—it's the most organized nest I've ever seen. You even folded everything and layered it so neatly," Louis assured. He was bewildered by Harry's outburst and also trying not to think about the fact that the omega had been distressed enough the past few days to actually create a nest in secret. When did he have the time to do this? How come Louis didn't find out about it until today? He looked at the nest again and nearly passed out when he realized how many items of clothing in there actually belonged to him. Harry had been hoarding Louis' worn clothes, and Louis had no idea...

"I don't want to be here, please, Louis."

"Okay, okay. So where do you wanna go?"

"Your bed..."

Okay. That was fine. Logically, Louis assumed Harry would want to ride it out in his nest, but if the master bedroom was where he wanted to be, well. Louis would just have to try not to think about Harry spending his heat in the place they've been sleeping together for the past week. Well, not sleeping together. But, yeah. No problem. Totally fine.