6

"Oh, wow," Harry said quietly, upon stepping out of the car. He had waited patiently as Louis opened the door for him like a gentleman, helping him out with a guiding hand and a teasing smile.

The house was beautiful, and usually Harry kept a cool demeanor about luxurious things, because the kind of confidence and comfort around money was what he needed to be a sugar baby, but he figured Louis wouldn't mind. Louis was different from Harry's other sugar daddies—so different, in fact, that Harry kept forgetting this wasn't real, that he was playing a role, that he was here to help a friend.

"Like I said, I'm not here too often, but I agree, it is nice." Louis held onto Harry's hand, but their fingers weren't interlaced, so it felt more like a friendly gesture than anything.

Like all of the other houses on the water, this one was built up with the first floor a story above ground level, to protect from storm damage. Louis led Harry up the stairs, and the omega silently admired the sleek exterior of the house.

The interior was just as elegant, everything spotless and lovely. The designs featured lots of beach tones, with pretty white and sand-colored furniture that made everything look bright. There were pops of color that drew the eye but Harry found himself gazing at a family photo hung on the wall beside the entryway, as the door closed softly behind him in the wind.

"Your family?" he asked, nodding to the picture.

Louis stood beside him and reappraised it. "My mum and sisters, one brother. They visit sometimes. It's the only reason why I keep the house, really, they all love the beach. I'm not much of a spender, honestly, I don't like to waste money on frivolous things when it could be used for so much more. Of course, tonight was a bit of an anomaly."

He wondered what Louis used his money for, if not for frivolous things.

"Yummy wine," Harry agreed eventually, letting his shoulder brush against the alpha's. Harry was taller than him but maybe if he slumped down a little, Louis would wrap him in his arms?

"Care for another glass?"

"Absolutely."

While Louis poured them each a glass from the remainder of the bottle they brought home from the restaurant, Harry explored the kitchen. It was his dream kitchen, honestly, with the newest appliances and gorgeous countertops that made his heart flutter. It would be a dream to cook here. Maybe he would get the chance.

Harry accepted the glass and took a sip, noting the way Louis' gaze seemed to fixate on his lips for a fleeting moment.

It was the part of the night where things could get awkward, if they let it turn that way. Harry was an expert at this, though. Not to mention, there was a palpable energy between them, almost tangible. It felt like an electric current through the air, and under his skin, too. The butterflies in his stomach refused to go away.

"Let's go for a tour."

Harry smiled to himself. A tour that ended in the bedroom was exactly what he was looking for. So he played along, trailing after Louis and commenting on the decorating as was appropriate, which wasn't difficult because everything really was beautiful.

The side of the house that faced the beach had a balcony overlooking the ocean attached to every room, and even one at the end of the hallway, too. Louis guided him out to the one attached to the third-floor sunroom, and Harry gasped as soon as he stepped outside.

"Beautiful," he whispered, the word he was using most often all of a sudden. He set his free hand on the cool metal railing and delighted in the way the sea breeze blew past him, caressing his skin. The sound of the waves was a melodic lullaby, the air refreshing and a complement to Louis' dizzying alpha scent. Harry wanted to be wrapped up in all of it, in the sand, the ocean breeze, in Louis...