33

Louis couldn't stop looking at him. For all intents and purposes, he was glowing—rosy cheeks, windswept hair, and an adorable smile, dimples included, that made Louis' heart thump faster against his ribcage.

Harry was wearing a ridiculous black button-up with pink flamingos printed on it, unbuttoned to the top of the butterfly tattoo Louis had the pleasure and distress of laying his eyes on every day for the last week, whenever he caught Harry shirtless or sat near him for hours on the beach. He was also wearing jean shorts rolled up to the pockets, and the sight of his bare thighs just right there for anyone to see made Louis blush and turn away at least a dozen times. It wasn't that Louis thought Harry's outfit was indecent, but that he himself couldn't stand to look at him without having some sort of reaction, his scent changing to reflect his arousal, because apparently an omega in jean shorts and an endearingly hideous shirt was what did it for him.

Deep down, Louis knew it wasn't just any omega in shorts and a flamingo shirt that would make him feel this way. After a week together, he was ready to admit that to himself. Damn the consequences. Harry was cute, and he made Louis feel things.

After the carousel ride, they were both on an apparent adrenaline high and managed to ride every ride at the park within the next two hours. Harry kept tugging him to the next one after they'd exit the first, and by the last few rides he wasn't just grabbing Louis' sleeve anymore, but actually entwining their fingers and pulling him along. As unconventional as it was, he was happy to just follow the omega wherever he wanted to go. Maybe that made him a bad alpha, for not taking charge and commandeering the lead, guiding his omega around like a lost puppy, but he didn't care.

Once they exhausted all the rides, they played a few games. They lost miserably at the rope ladder climb and the balloon and dart game. Harry was surprisingly competitive, and even more surprisingly good at ring toss. Louis had never seen anyone get a ring on the bottle before. He was closer than anyone else trying, and people actually stopped what they were doing to watch his technique and see if he was actually going to succeed.

Louis felt oddly proud as strangers actually began cheering him on. Harry was glowing under the attention and the bright carnival lights. His cheekbones were shining with a tinge of sweat, and he looked like an angel. His bottom lip was wet from licking it in concentration. He asked Louis to kiss his last ring for good luck, which Louis did after an exasperated huff.

Of course that was the ring that finally landed on the neck of the bottle. Louis was so shocked, his jaw dropped open. The crowd of people around them hollered and congratulated Harry, as he threw his arms around Louis in celebration.

"Go ahead, pick your prize!"

Harry looked back at Louis for consensus before picking the gigantic sloth hanging on the corner of the stall. It was bigger than him and when he hugged it in his arms, it completely engulfed him. Louis couldn't stop laughing.

"This is so silly," Harry said, a few minutes later as they were walking towards the churros. He had his face pressed against the sloth's soft fur as he cuddled the stuffed animal, but Louis could see he was beaming.

"You're silly, you big winner," Louis countered, nudging him in the shoulder. "What food do you want?"

"Fries and cotton candy."

"Anything to drink?"

"Lemonade?"

The hopeful look on his face struck Louis as so kissable, he had to curl his hands into fists and dig his nails into his palms to curb the urge. After a quick scan, it was clear that all the tables and benches were full, so he herded Harry over to a quiet area at an empty stall. Here, he wouldn't get lost in the crowd.