13

"You have quite the routine."

"Get comfy. I'm not even halfway through yet," informed Harry, in between applying gentle swipes of La Prairie's pre-serum treatment on his face. He had convinced one of his daddies to buy it for him a few months ago, and ever since then he was afraid to stop using the $665 lotion, even though he had to admit it was a bit excessive for one tenth of his skincare routine. It made his skin glow.

"Do you really have to do all of that?"

"Why, does it bother you?" Harry asked, not antagonistic, just curious.

"Of course not. Just think it's too much of a hassle. Wouldn't you rather just go to bed?"

Harry pointed at his own face with both fingers, staring Louis down. "This level of beauty requires discipline. If I just skipped it because I was feeling lazy, my skin would look like everyone else's."

"Alright, fair. For the record, though, I think you'd look fine without all that."

It wasn't much of a compliment, but Louis hadn't given him much of anything lately, so he would take it.

"I'm serious, though, this will take at least another half hour," Harry warned. "I don't want to keep you up."

"I don't mind," the alpha shrugged, reaching over to the nightstand to grab his bottle of water. "I like watching you."

Harry hid his smile by fanning his hands over his face to help the serum dry faster.

Louis cringed. "Sorry, that was a weird thing to say."

"Not weird. It's okay." He went back to applying various products to his skin, now with the added knowledge that the alpha was watching him. It made his nerves tingle in the best way, the excitement of being admired.

Once he was finished, he joined Louis in bed, sinking into the fluffy mattress which was the perfect combination of firm and soft. His hips were a bit sore from his long walk today, and his skin was slightly tender from the exposure to the sun, so the comfort of the high thread-count sheets was unmatched.

"Hey, can I ask you something?"

Harry turned on his side to face him, snuggling into the excess of pillows on the bed. "Ask away."

Louis was also on his side, propped up on an elbow and looking more relaxed than he had all day, the tension from work and a strange omega in his home finally melting away due to exhaustion.

"So, I don't really know much about your lifestyle..."

"That is true," Harry agreed.

"And I don't want to be rude-"

Usually, Harry got annoyed with people asking him a bunch of stupid questions when they found out he was in the sugar bowl, but for some reason he found himself saying, "It's okay. You can ask anything."

"I mean, I don't really know what to ask. Just, what's it like, how did you get into it, that sort of thing?"

"It's been a couple of years, I dunno," Harry answered. "A handsome alpha stranger paid for my dinner once and gave me his number, and I called him up a few weeks later. We met for drinks and discussed rates and everything, I guess. It was pretty easy to get into it. It just required a lot of research, so I knew how not to get scammed."

He conveniently left out the part where he had broken up with his boyfriend and supposed soulmate at the time, but Louis didn't need to know the dirty details. It was less glamorous to acknowledge that Harry wasn't in the best state of mind when he met up with the potential sugar daddy, his behavior more reckless than it should've been.