31

Louis' clothes were disappearing. Either that, or he was going crazy.

He rifled through the hamper one last time, certain he'd thrown the past three days of laundry there. The linen shirt he wore yesterday was missing, as were a few of the t-shirts from the other days. Maybe Harry decided to do laundry?

The washer and dryer were both empty when Louis got there. He scratched his head, then squinted at the wall. Huh. It wasn't that big of a deal. He had mountains of clothes in his closet, mostly untouched because he tended to gravitate towards the same few outfits every week. He was sad about losing his favorite t-shirts, but it would be okay, he was sure they would turn up eventually.

Harry hadn't been in bed when Louis woke up this morning, and it only took a moment of wondering before he spotted him curled up on the balcony outside, talking on the phone. Louis tried not to think about who was on the other end of the line. It was probably one of his sugar daddies, and, in that case, Louis knew he should've just rolled over to his other side and fallen back asleep. He was cold, though, because the air conditioning was working in overdrive, so he got out of bed to find some warmer clothes, which is when he realized shirts and hoodies had gone missing.

"Oh, you're up."

"Oh," Louis said, startled by Harry appearing in front of him. He grabbed a sweater from the drawer at the bottom of his wardrobe and switched it out with the current thin t-shirt he'd been wearing. "Yeah. It's still early. I'm going back to bed."

Harry nodded, fiddling with his phone case with one hand and using the other to rub at his arms.

He got in bed, pulling the duvet up to his shoulders. "You look cold. Do you want me to turn the air conditioning down?"

"No, it's okay." He set his phone down on the nightstand and smiled. "Can I join you?"

"'Course." Louis patted the spot beside him, and Harry crawled in, getting comfy on his side so they were facing each other.

"Your voice is so soft and raspy in the morning."

"Yours is really deep and you talk slower. Who were you on the phone with?" Louis hadn't meant to ask, but alas. He was apparently bad at controlling the words that came out of his mouth. He hoped Harry wouldn't find it annoying. It was just a simple curiosity, if he ignored the seed of jealousy in his stomach. Harry talking to any of his sugar daddies right now was a little too much for Louis' inner alpha wolf to handle. He could feel it pacing restlessly in his chest, wanting to break free and cover Harry in his scent to claim him.

"Just Niall. He says hi, by the way."

"Nice. Hey, about yesterday-"

Harry bit his lip. "What about it?"

"Everything's okay? With Zayn and everything, and talking about your family."

"Oh, yeah, it's okay. I'm fine."

"Alright." Louis tried not to laugh, thinking about how clingy Harry had been as soon as he realized Liam and Zayn were bondmates. It must've been a competition in Harry's mind, because that was when he started to get really close to Louis, always rubbing his back or cuddling up to his side, feeding him grapes or offering to help Louis with anything he needed to do for the boat. He assumed Harry was trying to make Zayn jealous and just went with it, not liking how frantic the omega was but deciding it was harmless.

"Louis, about my family..."

"No worries. You don't have to explain anything."

"I'm sorry for not telling you, though. We- I grew up in a bad situation. Really poor. My mom won't accept any money I try to send her-"