21. ** In Your Arms **

The trek to Orvud was in no way a far distance to travel, but with both of us being absolutely exhausted, we strode at a snail's pace. Neither of us seemed to mind our semi-relaxed stroll since it just gave us more time to spend together; just us. There would be numerous debriefings and never-ending questions about my whereabouts, my well-being and how I managed to escape it all without so much as a scratch. Of course, Levi and I had our own queries and concerns, originating from a more personal level. Even still, we honored the need for light topics of conversation accompanied by welcome bouts of golden silence.

As we wandered slowly through the fields, Levi's touch never left my body. If his arm wasn't draped around my waist, then his hand was clasped tightly within mine, intertwining our fingers tenderly. At one point, he noticed my steps begin to falter, wasting no time in scooping me into his arms and carrying me for the remainder of our journey.

Although it was late into the night when we arrived at the Orvud Gate, I could still see the canyon-sized gouges carved along the ground, the destructive aftermath of the giant titan that Levi had aforementioned.

"So, Historia is really going to be Queen?"

"Yea, they'll crown her tomorrow."

"Heh, I'm honestly surprised that she would want to-" I stopped mid-sentence and glared at Levi, who was strangely silent. "Levi... You didn't do anything to...convince her... Did you?"

"Tch. She was hesitating when there was no time to hesitate."

"Oh, for fuck's sake, Levi! That poor girl! What did you do to her?"

Still holding me in his arms, he squeezed me playfully, just enough to make me squirm, as I sputtered a slight giggle from his tickles.

"I just helped her make a decision," Levi smirked.

"God, you're such an asshole sometimes," I laughed, lightly smacking his cheek. "But really, you didn't hurt her, did you? She's a fragile one..."

"Nah... Krista was the weak one; Historia is a fighter. I just wanted to make sure we weren't crowning Krista as the Queen, and after these past few days, I doubt we'll ever see timid little Krista again."

I allowed Levi's words to absorb into my brain, mulling over them a few times before fully comprehending what he meant. I knew that my recent experiences had impacted me greatly. I guess I was still rather clueless as to what everyone else had gone through. I'm sure I would learn soon enough.

The moment Levi and I were recognized, the Orvud Gate rumbled open and four soldiers swiftly rode out to greet us. With a nod of gratitude, Levi thanked the men for helping me into the back of the wagon, before placing himself beside me. My tired body automatically slumped onto his shoulder, and he gently responded by wrapping an arm around my waist, careful to keep me close. The dark green Survey Corps cape was, in fact, the only thing shrouding my naked body since everything but my boots were left lying in a pile on the riverbank. Nothing else was really worth saving, as it had all been torn to shreds and stained with the blood of countless people, not just my own. A highly anticipated hot bath was sure to be a requirement for both of us tonight.

When we reached the barracks, Levi pulled me back into his arms, cradling me close, as two of the soldiers guided us to our room. Once Levi had gently set me down onto a soft armchair, he turned back to speak with the soldiers.

"Send word of my return to Commander Erwin Smith, and let him know that (Y/N) is with me. Make sure to emphasize that we're both fine, and we'll speak with him in the morning, otherwise, that bastard will bug the shit out of us and never sleep."

"Sir!"

Through groggy eyes, I watched the soldiers salute Levi with their fists to their hearts, then turn on their heels to make an exit. With a loud sigh, Levi shut the door and immediately began undressing.

"Levi... I'm so goddamn tired..."

"Tch, so am I; We're taking a fucking bath before we sleep."

"Oh... right..." I muttered bashfully.

Levi exhaled through his nose as he peeled off the last of his clothes and set aside his boots, before pulling the cape from my shoulders. Again, my body was lifted up and carried from one place to another, as if my legs had been rendered useless. I didn't mind though, since it gave me another chance to nuzzle against Levi's muscular physique, filling my lungs with his scent. He drew a bath for us, and even though the tub really only comfortably fit one, we didn't mind squeezing in together.

The warm, almost borderline-hot water felt amazing to my skin, but being able to lean against Levi's perfectly sculpted torso was exponentially better. I sunk back into his chest, releasing a long, content sigh, as he began slowly running soap suds down my torso. With my head tucked just under his chin, I was able to look up and behold how focused he was on taking care of me. With a sleepy smile, I slipped my fingers into his hands, coaxing his arms into a crisscrossed embrace. Tilting his head down to catch my gaze, he squeezed me in closer.

"I can't exactly scrub you clean when you capture my hands like that."

"I don't care..." I sighed, closing my eyes and enjoying the moment.

A soft pair of lips pressed against my temple, followed by a low grumble.

"Don't you dare fall asleep in here. I've carried your naked ass from a bathtub to a bed once before, so you should know what will happen if you make me do that again."

I gasped as a result of a sneaky kiss smothering my neck with nibbles and nips, causing me to squirm and moan under Levi's grasp. Suddenly, I wasn't as tired as I thought, and apparently, neither was he.