Let me take you home

By: Lenaluthortho
It's the first time Kara has seen Lena tipsy.

She'd go as far as saying drunk, but Lena has assured her she's only had a few drinks and she's fine and feeling so relaxed I can't even remember what happened at work today.

Now that is a first.

Lena has a great memory; it's why everyone avoids playing memory on game night.

They're all crammed into a booth at the same bar they've frequented for a couple of years now. Alex, Maggie and James sit on one side and Lena is squashed between Kara and Winn on the other.

Someone's talking about something, but Kara's too distracted to listen. She's fascinated by the tips of Lena's ears. The more alcohol Lena drinks, the pinker they turn.

Lena arrived late, still in her work clothes, and when Kara eagerly met her at the bar entrance Lena had said I need a drink in a tone so exhausted, and with a pout so effective, Kara wanted to suggest she fly Lena home and tuck her in bed.

But she didn't suggest the idea, and Lena swept past her to greet Mon-el and order her drink from him.

That was an hour ago.

Three drinks later and Lena is in a far better mood. She's talkative, like really talkative, and Alex keeps catching Kara's gaze across the table and smiling because Lena is never usually like this.

It's kind of adorable the way Lena, with her pink tipped ears and waving hands, talks and talks and talks.

"And then," Lena starts again, and she has everyone's attention instantly. "Kara says 'run, save yourself, don't worry about me!'--"

"Lena!" Kara cuts in with an affronted laugh and nudges the dark haired woman's side. "That is the biggest lie ever!"

And Lena's mimic of her voice is almost offending with it's high pitch.

Lena turns and grins at her. It's all lopsided and wide and uff she looks so happy that Kara decides Lena can make up the most exaggerated stories ever, she doesn't care. As long as Lena keeps smiling like that.

"Okay," Lena turns sheepish. "I may have adjusted your dialogue slightly, but you did save me."

"And I always will," Kara replies proudly and wiggles her eyebrows.

Lena wiggles her eyebrows in return, and they have a private moment of silliness that Kara gets absolutely lost in before there's a scoff from across the table.

"Why am I not surprised a a giant 'L' came hurtling towards you two," Maggie comments.

Winn taps the neck of his beer against Maggie's bottle.

"Nice."

Kara reddens, sticks her tongue out.

"It was all very dramatic," Lena answers, unfazed but not oblivious to Maggie's comment. "It cost an awful lot to repair."

There's a pool game on. A serious one, apparently.

Winn, James and Mon-el against Maggie, Alex and Lena.

Except Lena isn't really playing, opting to drift back and forth between Kara and the pool table.

"Luthor, it's your turn," Maggie calls and Lena reluctantly leaves Kara's side to play a shot that is so... AWOL, Maggie doesn't call her back again.

"Would you like me to order you some fries?" Kara asks once Lena's been passed a drink from Alex and told to sit down. "A salad? Or one of those weird lettuce burgers you like."