Popcorn

By: Karalena90
Lena Luthor had never seen her girlfriend Kara Danvers afraid like this before.

She had seen the superhero be hard on herself and fearful of not being able to defeat an enemy. She had seen her fearful for the lives of her loved ones when they took risks or when threats came after them for knowing her secret. She had seen her fearful after the dreams she occasionally had of her home planet exploding.

She had never seen the girl afraid of something as trivial as this before though.

It was both hilarious and heart-breaking to see her girlfriend like this.

Hilarious that something so simple and so harmless could reduce the girl of steel to a shaking mess underneath her kitchen table.

Heart-breaking knowing that she had caused this, that the reason Kara was now hiding under her kitchen table shaking in fear was because of her.

Partially.

Alex was to blame as well. Maggie too.

Maybe even more so in Maggie case.

Alex was to blame as she had been the one who told them the story from her and Kara's childhood. She had told Lena the story of the first time the Danvers sisters had a movie night and how her little sister had reacted to the popcorn machine.

She had been the one to say that after that night they only ever brought readymade popcorn, and that to her knowledge Kara was still petrified of the machine, even though she had never tested the theory.

Then Maggie had been the one to run with the story. Maggie had been the one who said they should test whether Kara was still afraid or not.

Maggie had been the one to place the bet. The bet that Lena was too whipped to do anything that may frighten her girlfriend.

Maggie had joked that Lena wouldn't have the gull to prank her girlfriend of six months, she said there was no way the CEO would even attempt to see if the girl of steel was still terrified of a small, harmless, popcorn machine.

Lena was never one to back down from a bet, she was a Luthor after all. Her whole childhood had been bet after bet, her Mother goading her to be better than Lex while at the same time betting that she couldn't be.

So, when Maggie made the bet, or possibly dare would be a better word, Lena had accepted.

She didn't do it for the money, what use would she have for the detective's money anyway?

She did it so that Maggie and Alex would stop teasing her for being completely in love with the blonde Kryptonian.

She did it so they would stop saying she was 'whipped'.

Though now she wished that she had just accepted her fate, and given into the fact that she was indeed 'whipped'.

Sighing at the scene in front her, Lena quickly took out her phone to type a message to both Alex and Maggie, with the intent to make them feel just as bad as she did right now.

Lena – Remind me to never listen to either of you again.

Lena – Alex I can't believe you let Maggie make that bet or that you let me accept it.

Alex – Don't go blaming me, you are the one that accepted the bet.

Lena – What was I thinking?

Maggie – I need photo evidence.

Maggie – If I don't see it, then it didn't happen, and you failed the bet.

Lena sent an image attachment.