Butt Dial Revelations

By: Karalena90
Knocking on the door to her Alex's apartment Kara sighed tiredly. It had been a long week and she was looking forward to sitting down and relaxing with her sister. It had been a while since they had spent time together just the two of them- since they had a proper sisters night. She could hear talking before the door opened revealing Maggie stood in her jacket dimples on show.

"Little Danvers! Glad I caught you before I had to leave- are we still on for lunch tomorrow?" Maggie said with a smile ushering Kara into the apartment as she grabbed a set of keys from the table.

Looking to her sister with a raised eyebrow Kara answered, "Yeah, Noonan's at one, right?" Kara replied.

"See you then- wish me luck!" Maggie said in passing as she left the apartment closing the door behind her while Kara stood on the spot looking from the door to her sister again in confusion.

Alex chuckled at the look on Kara's face, "She's a bit excited," she offered in response.

"You don't say," Kara responded with an amused smile.

Moving to the couch Alex plopped down before explaining further, "It's the final day of her works pool playing competition that they do annually, and she is in the final round," she said while beckoning her sister over with a wave of her hand.

Kara dropped her bag on the table as she made her way around to the couch sitting down next to her sister, moving to hold her head up on one hand while resting her elbow on the back of the sofa.

"Did you not want to go with her?" Kara asked, knowing that Alex usually went with her fiancée to these sort of events- though if being honest she hoped the answer was no as she was looking forward to some time just the two of them.

"Nope," Alex said, making the 'p' with a popping sound, "not this time- there'll be other times. Tonight, is just you and me sis," she continued with a smile.

Kara smiled back before leaning in to hug her sister tightly, scooting closer on the couch as she did so, "I've missed you," she whispered into her Alex's shoulder.

"You're such a sap," Alex said with a chuckle, rocking her little sister in her arms slightly before pressing a kiss to her hair line, "but, I've missed you too... just so you know," She continued as they pulled away.

Somehow Kara had managed to end up leaning right against Alex, her strong shoulder digging into her sister's chest and her legs draped over Alex's lap. Alex didn't mind, she knew they wouldn't be moving for a while. She had her phone nearby to order the pizza with and the TV remote was in reach to cue up whatever they wanted to watch for the evening. Bar any bladder problems neither of them would need to move- so with that in mind Alex wrapped an arm around Kara and pulled her closer.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lena was sat in the office she now shared with James Olsen at CatCo looking over the budgets for the paper she now owned. Her and James had been having a bit of a 'thing' as of late. They had kissed at Christmas which although was nice- wasn't what Lena had expected.

She had expected there to be sparks and chemistry.

There was nothing.

She had said so and he had agreed so that was the end of that.

She hadn't had the heart to tell him the reason she had felt nothing was due to the fact she was crushing badly on a blue eyed, blonde haired, certain reporter. Partly because she didn't want to hurt his feelings- though she didn't feel for him romantically she had begun to strike a friendship with him now that he had started to see she wasn't like her brother. The other reason she hadn't said anything yet was due to the fact she didn't know for sure if she would ever have the courage to tell Kara about her feelings for her- let alone anyone else.