All Too Well (AU)

By: safetyvenus
Lena Luthor's Point of View.

"Gav?" I whisper on the other side of the door. "Are you there? It's time to get up!"

"No." He answers, and I giggle in my heels.

"Oh? Where's my boy, then?" I asked when I close the last button on my social shirt, and I take the time to check my wristwatch that Sam had given me last Christmas.

"There is no one here, I'm sorry ma'am."

"May I have a punctual son as a present in the other life, God?" I murmured, giving two soft punches at the door.

"I really sorry for this situation, Ms. Lena Luthor Ph.D. in-something." his laugh came out muffled and I smiled.

"Sweetie, I'm ready. The coffee is on the table and Leo wants to wish you a good day. You want to lose this moment?"  I look at the wristwatch and realize that I'm 3 minutes late. Fuc-

"There's no Gavriel here."

I give up and run to the room with Leo in my grasp. I try to pack my bag and leave Gavriel's bag around. I sit at the table and wait patiently for him to appear. I answer some work emails and messages from friends. After returning from a forced vacation at my mother's house, I escaped from her claws to a large city far from her home. I was trying to adapt to the routine of a city as big as New York City, struggling not to be swallowed up by so much information and concerns about my son's well being and happiness.  "I can't believe! A ghost!" I fright and Gavriel smiles as he stands in front of the table.

"No, you silly. It's me. Gavriel, the handsome." He rolls his eyes and sits next to me. His blonde hair was bigger and shiny this morning, and his eyes were smiling at me; it was impossible to remember anything but him.

"Did you spend the night out? I was in your room a few ago and there was no one there. I was worried, you know?"

"I was in the room all the time, Mom. It's a trick." Gavriel joked and I grinned. "You are so beautiful today."

"Hmm, what a gentleman..." I got up and went to him. "Thank you!" I kissed his checks. "Did you sleep well?"

"Good morning mama." Samantha Arias, my friend, and business partner came in through the kitchen door, shouting. In times like this, I regret having given way to it. "Good morning, little one." She kissed the top of Gavriel's head, and I sat down again.

"I'm chill, and bout you, sis?" my son excitedly made some strange gestures and I choked on the coffee after observed that scene. Sam laughed as she saw my face in astonishment.

"Gavriel! May you explain to me these... well... choice of... vocab- words?"

"I saw it in a movie." He shrugged.

"Yes, in a movie, my love... It does not mean it's polite." I looked at Sam and she looked away. "Who did you see this movie with?"

"With Auntie Sam, of course," Gavriel answered innocently.

"For God's sake, Lena. The week has not even begun... and you're already freaking out."

"We will talk later."

As soon as we finished breakfast, we left Leo safe and left the house to face the chaotic traffic of New York.

"Lena?" Sam called and looked at her as we stopped at a sign. "How was Miss Collins's case, anyway?"

"The first trial will be today at 10:00 a.m. I'll go over Sam's last statement and notes." I answered, tapping my fingers on the steering wheel. "We are in the 21st century and women are still forced to go through situations like this... that politics... is so..."