You Are Good Enough

By: Karalena90
"You're either a part of this family or you're not."

That's what Alex had said when Kara had questioned Jeremiah's loyalty after being held captive by CADMAS for years.

You're not really my family.

That's what Kara had heard as the underlying meaning to her words after Alex had left the room in anger.

She didn't know what hurt more, the fact that the words had been said or the fact that Alex had taken no step in trying to take them back since then even after finding out that Kara had been right to be doubtful of Jeremiahs intentions.

Kara would never say I told you so, not when Alex was hurting the way she was, not like how Mon-el had when Kara came to him in tears afterwards.

The 'I told you so' making all Kara's anger come forward causing her to tell Mon-el that they were through, that she was done with him as her boyfriend, done with training him to be something he had no interest in being.

He had never been a supportive boyfriend, he was more worried about what to have for dinner than he was for her and her feelings.

It made Kara wonder why she was ever with the Daxamite, he didn't care for her not really, she was just a trophy for his arm.

The only things they had in common were the fact that they were aliens, aliens who had no home left and were alone in the world.

Alex had been the one to push her towards him, in what Kara knew was her way of saying 'go annoy someone else I'm getting tired of you now, let me live my life for a change'.

Then in the next breath she was turning around yelling at her for listening to him when he finally said something that actually needed to be said, something they needed to consider.

"You're either a part of this family or you're not."

She wasn't really a part of any family, not anymore.

Her family was all dead, all but Kal.

Kal who didn't want or need her.

Kal who left her on the Danvers doorstep before taking off in the sky, leaving her to ruin their lives.

Maybe she was cursed, it sure felt like that sometimes.

Maybe she was meant to be alone.

Maybe she just wasn't good enough, maybe being just Kara wasn't enough.

It was how she felt right now, completely alone, and not enough.

She had just stopped a massive spaceship from leaving the universe. CADMAS had been trying to make all the aliens who had taken refuge on earth leave.

Alex had been on the spaceship.

Alex who she couldn't bare to lose, no matter what hurtful things she said no matter how insecure she made her feel sometimes, no matter how much a nascence she had been made to feel recently for wanting to spend time with her sister.

Alex who had been her sister, her rock, her life support here on earth, for the past thirteen years.

Alex who had left the first chance she had got after Kara had saved her and everybody else on the spaceship.

Alex who knew the best, out of everybody who had been there, how exhausted saving the ship made Kara, how that exhaustion would have only one result.

Kara losing her powers.

Solar flaring.

Which was how Kara now found herself alone, with no powers in the middle of nowhere.