(5) I Kissed a Girl and I Didn't Like It

Amelia's POV

"Why won't he just ask me?" I sulked, frowning when I noticed Brie and Rye holding hands. That's what I wanted with Andy. He obviously liked me, so why hadn't he asked me out yet?

"Give it time." Rye spoke, kissing his girlfriend on the cheek.

"Time? No. He's had time. He needs to stop messing her around." Brie argued.

"Can't you talk to him, Rye?" I asked.

"I can try, but Andy's always been private about his love life. I doubt it'll do any good."

"Please try. For me? I just want our best mates to be happy." Brie pouted, pecking him on the lips.

"Alright fine. I'll try and encourage him to ask you to the party tonight."

"Yes, thank you Rye." I squealed, pulling him into a hug.

Rye actually stuck by his word. Later that day, I was stood with Brianna and Harper outside their house. Harper and I had gotten rather close recently. He was one of my best mates, us being practically the same person causing us to click instantly.

"Hey Amelia."

I turned my head and smiled widely when I saw Andy.

"Hi Andy!"

"Um, I was just wondering if you wanted to come to the party tonight?" He mumbled. "With me, of course."

"Finally!" I exclaimed. He raised an eyebrow at my outburst and I blushed, clearing my throat. "I mean, yes."

"Great." He gave me a tight smile before heading back inside. I turned back towards the other two and started freaking out.

"He actually asked me!"

"He's so into you!" Brie smiled.

"I'm glad you're happy Amelia." Harper spoke. "But hurt him and you'll regret it. He's my big brother and he deserves the world."

I chuckled, pulling him into a hug.

"I won't hurt him, I promise."

~~~

Andy's POV

I was sat on my bed with my phone in hand when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in." I shouted. Rye entered the room and I was confused since he never usually knocked. He always just came straight in.

"What's up?"

"Are you still mad at me for the football thing yesterday?" He asked sheepishly.

Oh, so that's why he was so hesitant to come in.

"Nah, I'm over it. It was just a stupid football game." I lied.

"Okay, good. Now, about you and Amelia."

I groaned, sitting up against the headboard.

"There is no me and Amelia. She's just a mate."

"But you like her."

I looked down, not answering.

"See, you're just too embarrassed to admit that you're crushing on her. She really likes you too."

"I know she does. She doesn't make it half obvious." I mumbled the last bit, hoping he didn't hear me. Which he didn't.

"Then go for it. What's the worst that could happen?" He grinned.

I looked up, opening my mouth to speak. "I-"

"Guys? The toilet overflowed again." Brook laughed awkwardly, leaning against the doorframe.