(10) Time to Accept Myself

Andy's POV

"Brie, wait!"

Rye and I were walking to the shop so that he could buy some chocolates for Brianna. We were both planning on getting our girlfriends back and Rye was determined not to mess it up again.

"I'm guessing you're sorry?" She frowned, and it was only then that I noticed that Amelia was with her. I internally cursed, knowing I'd be forced to apologise to her as well.

"I've been an idiot. A stupid, dumb, jealous idiot. I just like you so much, and knowing that you could have possibly left me for my best mate scared me."

Best mate.

"I told you he doesn't love me." She said, a hint of a smile playing on her lips.

"Yeah, he loves someone else." Rye chuckled, wiggling his eyebrows at me. I smiled, facing Amelia who was looking at me in confusion.

"I've also been an idiot. I just didn't know what I wanted." I spoke.

"Do you now?"

"Yeah he does!" Rye grinned, earning a smack on the back of the head from Brie.

"Can't he speak for himself?" Amelia rolled her eyes.

"Give him a break. He's in love."

"You're in love?" She asked me, smiling slightly.

I discreetly glanced at the happy couple, who were caught up in a kiss, and smiled.

"I am."

She grabbed my chin and pulled me in for a kiss. I couldn't help but keep my eyes open, glaring daggers at the back of Rye's head.

"To celebrate us getting back together, I think we should go to a party tonight!" Amelia exclaimed. I frowned as the other two cheered.

"Andy, you in?" Rye asked me.

I nodded. "Sure, who's party is it?"

"My brother Kai. It's his birthday."

"Sounds fun." I lied.

Truth be told, I didn't feel like going anywhere tonight. I wanted to curl up in my bed and cry. Rye still didn't know the truth and it killed me that I had to lie to him. But he was happy with Brie. And I was happy with Amelia.

Or that's what I'd make them believe.

Sonny was right when he told me I should tell Rye how I really felt, but I chickened out. He had put the false words right in my mouth and I had no choice but to go along with it. If I didn't, it would have just caused even more problems. I could make myself love Amelia. She was smart, sweet, funny, gorgeous, and just a great girl. She was the type of girl I'd usually go for, so what was stopping me?

I knew exactly what was stopping me. Something that would probably stop me for the rest of my life. But now those feelings were confirmed, I couldn't lie to myself anymore. I couldn't pretend it was all a misunderstanding, because if it was then I wouldn't get jealous every time I saw them kiss. I wouldn't feel angry when I saw them together, even if they were only doing something as innocent as holding hands or cuddling.

It wouldn't break my heart to know that it would never be me.

~~~

Arriving home later that day, I tried to avoid Sonny. I knew exactly what he would say and I couldn't lie to him if he asked. I'd be forced to tell him how pathetic I am. How I got scared at the last minute and went along with this huge facade to hide who I really was. He'd ask me why. Why I felt the way I did. Why I couldn't bring myself to say anything. Why I couldn't just be normal.