6.

"you make it easier when life gets hard.."

------------
n a d i a .

I couldn't stop thinking about last night and how it different hanging with Christian. I don't know why it just gave off a different vibe to me; One that I never really experienced when we would hang out back home. He was awfully flirtatious, but who am I to judge? I probably was feeding into it, because I loved it. But, he was just my best friend. Anything further could potentially ruin our friendship...Right? There was no way there was a spark or romantic connection there. I mean, I've loved Christian for the longest time, but he had no idea about that...

-----

I dragged myself out of bed after staying out so late and knew that I made a promise to Christian to be at his game today. I grabbed a Brewers sweatshirt and threw on a pair of jeans; I didn't see the need to dress up excessively for a baseball game.

I took a final look at myself as I fixed the curls in my hair and took a deep breath. He's just your friend, Nadia, stop worrying so much. It was hard to shake last night out of my head, I just wanted to replay that night over and over in my head; that was genuine happiness that I felt for the first time in a while.
——
When I arrived at Miller Park, I walked into the clubhouse to find my brother and sister working on writing something. "Hey, guys." I spoke up, causing both of them to turn their heads.

Gage greeted me with a smile, "Hey little sis, how are you?" He asked as he hugged me.

I smiled at him and kept my arms around him. "I'm good! A little sleepy, but, I'm doing fine. How are you awake? You got home super late."

"Lots and lots of caffeine, baby sister." He laughed and pulled back from the hug. "I heard you went on a date with Yeli last night." He wiggled his eyebrows, causing me to blush.

"Hey, it was a friendly date.." I smiled. "It was good to catch up with him again; I missed him a lot..." I said as I picked at my nail polish.

Gage smiled and nodded. "Oh yeah? Find it hard to believe." I punched his arm playfully and shook my head.

"Just a friendly get-together. If anything, he was the one being flirty, not me." I said, looking at him.

"Whatever, he's been in a smiley mood since he got here for batting practice. Wouldn't shut up about how he had such a great night, but wouldn't mention with who..." Gage smirked at me, "Speaking of the man of the hour, he left a shirt on the table over there for you."

I looked over and saw a Yelich jersey on the table. I walked over and slipped off my sweatshirt and slipped on my shirt, it was a little big but it'll do.

A whistle was heard once the shirt was over my head. I turned over and saw Christian leaning against the door frame, causing me to blush super deep. "A strip tease before the game? Damn, must be my lucky day." He asked, laughing.

I rolled my eyes, still blushing like crazy. "Shut up, Yeli. I'll go get a jersey from Arcia or Braun if that's what you really want." I said with a giggle, causing Christian to shake his head, walking over by me.

"Nah, 22 looks good on you. The other numbers would be boring; Yelich is a cooler last name. I heard he's a pretty cool guy too." He said, looking at her.

I smiled at him and did a little spin around. "Yeah? It's a little oversized, but, I look better in it." I stated with a smirk, causing Christian to push me playfully. I laughed and grabbed his arms. "Don't do that, meanie!"

"Why? Did I hurt the little princess?" He asked laughing as he grabbed my hands as I was blushing.

"I am a queen, don't undermine me!" I stuck my tongue out at him. "Don't you have a game to go play, mister?" I asked, still holding his hands.