81.

c h r i s t i a n.

I loved when family came to town. I think it was good for the kids to see their grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. Nadia's parents finally meeting Willow made me beyond happy. I know Nads had been missing her family a little bit so bringing family to Milwaukee was definitely needed.

There were times I wish we were out in California, though. Don't get me wrong, I love Milwaukee and what it has to offer, but, California's home, y'know? That's where I grew up. That's where me and Nadia became what we basically are today. So many memories were made there, and it would be incredible to be able to live there again. Of course, we could for the off-season, but, Milwaukee holds a special place in our heart. It's where Wyatt's grown up, and it's where we want Willow to grow up as well.

***

I woke up feeling disgusting. Sinuses clogged, nasty chest cough, and I just wanted to lay in bed. I could hear Wyatt's little feet running down the hall meaning he was coming to wake me up and ask me for some breakfast. I was hoping Nadia would step in and be my helper this morning.

"Daddy! It time to eat!" Wyatt said as he stood on my side of the bed. I had the blanket over my head as I just wanted to go back to sleep and sleep the sickness off.

"Wy, dad doesn't really feel good..." I tell him as I pull back the blanket, "I feel icky. You think you can ask your momma?" I ask him, looking at his face as he gets sad.

Nadia turned and looked at me, "You sound horrible.." She said with a frown on her face. "I'll get the kiddos fed, you stay in bed.." She told me before kissing my forehead and got out of bed. "Babe, you have a fever too, do you want anything?"

"Just a glass of orange juice.." I reply, coughing again. She nods and grabs Wyatt's hand as they both walk out of the bedroom, leaving me to be alone and hopefully fall back asleep.

Nadia walked back in about twenty minutes later, holding Willow in one arm and then had a glass of orange juice in her other hand. I sat up and looked over at her. "You sure you're okay?"

I take a deep breath, sniffling. "Eh, I feel like shit, honestly. I just want to go back to sleep. But, I know you need me to be up and help the kiddos..."

She shook her head, running her hand through my hair. "You're fine, baby. You lay in bed and rest. Wyatt will probably want to come hang out with you later, I'll let you sleep for a little bit and I can entertain them! If you just throw on Paw Patrol, Wyatt's set for the next hour. And Willow will probably just sleep.." She says as she continued to run her fingers through my hair. "You just rest."

I nod, looking at her, "Okay, babe. Thank you.."

Nadia nodded, "No need to thank me, babe. Just want to make sure you feel better.." She kissed my forehead, "I'm gonna go get him all entertained and get Willow fed, then I'll come back in here, how does that sound?"

"Do what you gotta do, babe. Don't worry about me." I told her and just laid my head down as she nodded and walked out of the bedroom, going to tend to the kids. I wish I felt good enough to help her out. But, my body was so exhausted, I couldn't even get out of bed. I hated being sick, it just took my mood down a million steps. I wanted to be able to help out, I wanted to be a dad, but I was just a sicky.

***

Once the kids were down for their naps, Nadia walked in and crawled in bed next to me.

"I don't want you to get sick, baby." I tell her as she gets under the covers.

"I won't." She tells me before kissing my cheek, "Are you feeling any better?"

I shrug, "Yeah. I slept some of it off, so I'm feeling a little better. Still feel sleepy and icky." I reply, moving so she can lay her head on me.

She shakes her head, "Nope, you're gonna lay your head on me." She smiles and I just roll my eyes, smiling at her before I lay my head on her shoulder. "There, you're the one being cuddled today. Not me." Nadia giggles and runs her fingers through my hair.

"Thank you.." I tell her, looking up at her, "Kids okay? Everything was fine with them this morning?"

Nadia nods, "Yeah, baby. No worries at all. Wyatt watched some cartoons and ate some breakfast, Willow ate and laid in her rocker for a little bit and then got them down for a nap. She's in her crib, I didn't know if you wanted her in her bassinet in here, because I didn't know if you were sleeping, but, I figured I could try her napping in her crib.." She explained to me and I just listened, nodding here and there.

"I wouldn't have minded her in here, she's my little girl." I say with a small smile on my lips, "She's getting so big already, it's crazy."

"I know, I can't believe it. I can't believe we have two beautiful, healthy babies." Nadia says with a smile. "And they have such an incredible dad.." She kisses my forehead and I just wrap my arms around her, pulling her against me.

"But their mother is so much more amazing.." I tell her, "You are so strong, so beautiful, and can take care of those kids like a damn pro. I am so proud of you. Everything that's gone on this last year, you have taken like a champ." I explain,

"And I know you took things rough at first, but the way you've been able to overcome obstacles has made me admire you so much more than I already did. I don't know how it's possible, but you find ways for me to fall more and more in love with you every single day.."

She blushes, listening to what I have to say. "You are truly one of a kind, C." She tells me, "I think those kids have an amazing role model to look up to. And I have a fantastic man to call my husband.."