40.

n a d i a

It had been a couple of days since Christian and I got into our argument and I stormed out with Wyatt. He had texted me, called me, but I just ignored them. I didn't want to talk to him yet, I wasn't ready. I never had experienced hurt like that before and all I wanted was for us to be okay again. It was wrong of me to take Wyatt like that, but in the moment, I didn't want my son around that. It wasn't good for him, it wasn't good for me.

I remembered that it was game day, and that I told him a week ago that I would be there to watch him. I didn't know if I wanted to go, I don't think I could face him yet. I know it would just be awkward, but, I was pretty good at avoiding confrontation.

****

I let Wyatt stay sleeping in his rocking mobile as Aspen sat near him in the living room. I walked downstairs wearing Christian's quarter zip up jacket and a pair of jeans. "You sure you're fine with watching him? I feel bad because you're always watching him..." I asked Aspen, sighing as I fixed my hair.

"Nads, I love spending time with him! Plus, Gage is coming over today so Wyatt will be happy to see his uncle. You go have fun at the game, let loose a little..." She said, looking at my outfit, "You feel okay wearing that?" She asked, mentioning the zip up.

I nodded, "Yeah. With my luck, I'll probably end up running into him." I said, shrugging. "I can't really avoid him forever. I'll have to talk to him eventually...He is my fiance and he is Wyatt's dad.."

Aspen nodded, "If you need anything, Gage and I are a call away. I love you." She said and I smiled small as I walked out of the door and walked to my car. I sat there for a moment, just trying to think; I really didn't want to face Christian today, I knew it would just be a teary mess. I took a deep breath before driving over to Miller Park.

*****

When I arrived at the ballpark, I walked in the usual way I would through the back. I looked around, waving at the staff that I passed.

"Nadia!" Someone exclaimed, causing me to turn around. It was Ryan.

I waved and he walked up to me, giving me a quick hug. "Hey, Ryan.." I said quietly.

"Listen, uh, Christian told me what happened, and I won't tell him you're here, but, just know that you aren't in the wrong." Ryan said and I nodded, crossing my arms.

"Thanks, Ry." I told him, "I'm gonna go find my seat.." I said before hugging him quick and continued to walk to my seat.

c h r i s t i a n .

I walked into the clubhouse looking disheveled and exhausted. I had gotten barely any sleep since Nadia and I fought the other night. I didn't really know how to handle it. But, the way I handled it was super immature and I regretted it because not only was my girl gone, but my little man was gone and I was alone.

"Yo, Yeli, did you see your girl's here?" Orlando asked me and I just looked at him confused.

"Nadia's here? Where did you see her?" I asked, grabbing my shoes.

"She was walking in the halls to her seats, probably. But, I stopped and said hey to her. She's wearing your zip up jacket." He said and I just set my shoes on my chair and nodded, walking out of the clubhouse.

I headed to where I would normally find Nadia before games, in the lounge. I walked in and there she was, sitting on the couch and I walked towards her, seeing her look up and then instantly looked back down.

"Nads...?" I asked, sitting in a chair across from her.

"Hi..." She said quietly, avoiding eye contact with me.