33.

n a d i a .

As much as I loved being at the games, this was one of the only times I wanted to be at home in bed resting. The cramps and contractions were killing me today; coming in waves that slowly got closer and closer together. I thought either two things: I'm either just hurting because he's kicking, or I'm going into labor.

"Hey Ryan..?" I looked over at him, putting my hand on his arm. "Can you get Christian?"

Ryan nodded, "Yeah, of course." Christian was due next to bat and was practicing his swinging, "Yeli! I think you two gotta go.."

He looked at Ryan confused then widened his eyes, probably realizing what was going on. He dropped his bat and ran into the dugout, "Can you guys get medics to get an ambulance?" He grabbed my hands and pulled me up, relieving some of the pain, but it still was excruciating. "Where does it hurt?"

I closed my eyes, resting my head against his chest. "Everywhere.." We walked into the clubhouse, avoiding any more attention on us. "They're coming in waves and it hurts so bad, Christian.." I took a deep breath, squeezing his hands. "Are they coming..?" I asked, voice cracking as I could feel tears welling up in my eyes.

"They're getting here as fast as they can, baby.." He kissed the top of my head, holding me as close as he could. "We're going to get there, I promise.."

**

We got to the hospital and they got me into a room fairly quick. I was ready to just get the labor going. The contractions were getting closer and closer, but I wasn't quite dilated enough to start pushing. Christian was talking to the nurses, I hadn't told Aspen yet because I knew she was working for the game and I didn't want her to have to leave too. Christian already had to leave the game, right before he was going to bat, right in postseason. I felt horrible for that, but Wyatt was ready to come, I guess.

"Babe, do you want any water?" Christian asked me, brushing some hair out of my face. "Something light to eat, a hug, a kiss?" He smiled small at me, I could tell he was trying his best to make sure I was in a good mood despite me being in so much pain.

I looked at him, "Just a water, and a kiss.." I smiled at him as he leaned over and kissed me. He pulled back and nodded, going out to get me a water. Another contraction came and I just closed my eyes, knowing there wasn't much I could do. I needed to get that epidural quick; As much as I didn't want to, anything to subside this pain was what I wanted right now.

Christian walked back in with a cup of water. "They gave it to me with a straw, didn't know if you wanted a bottle or not." He laughed, setting it on the table. "You okay?" He rubbed my arm.

I shook my head, "Can you get the nurse? I think I'm gonna need the epidural..." I said, tearing up and Christian nodded, going to get the nurse then walked back in, grabbing my hand.

"I thought you didn't want to do it, babe." He mentioned, I just shook my head and laid my head back.

***

It had been eight whole hours. Slowly I was getting dilated to start pushing. I tried sleeping it off, but nothing was working. I know Christian was doing anything he could to help me out and I truly appreciated it; I could tell he was nervous and anxious, but that's how he always is, and has been during this pregnancy.

"How you feeling?" He asked, stroking his thumb across my hand.

"Just ready to get him out.." I said quietly, closing my eyes. "I'm so tired and in pain.."

"Is the epidural wearing off?" He asked and I just shook my head.

"My entire body just hurts, baby.." I kissed his hand softly, "Thank you for being here.."

Christian nodded, "I wouldn't just stay playing my game if I knew my girl was going into labor." He laughed, "Crazy talk."

The nurses and doctors walked in, "Think you're ready to start pushing?"

I nodded my head quickly, "Please...I just want to get it going.." I said and the doctors started prepping me. Christian grabbed my hand again, looking at me and I just nodded at him. "I'm sorry if I break your hand." I said, laughing quietly.

"Nah, I don't think you will. But, if you do, it's okay." He smiled and kissed my hand.

***

What felt like forever, but was really forty five minutes, Wyatt was finally born. He was a perfect healthy baby, seven pounds, five ounces. Christian got to cut the cord and I held him almost instantly after. I rubbed his back, kissing his head.

"He's beautiful, baby.." Christian said as he fixed my hair, putting it in a little low ponytail to the best of his ability. "He's all healthy and your sister is on her way." I nodded and looked at Wyatt, who was sleeping peacefully on my chest.

"He cried maybe once, and then he fell asleep and has been asleep ever since.." I said, looking at Christian. "Can I have a kiss?" I asked, smiling at him. Christian leaned over and put a hand on my cheek, kissing me. I smiled against his lips before kissing him back.

Christian pulled back and looked as we heard my brother and sister walk in. "Oh my goodness, how cute." Aspen said, smiling as she walked in. "How you doing?" She asked me, grazing her thumb over Wyatt's head, "He's so cute, Nads.."

I laughed and shrugged, "I'm doing okay, a little pain, super tired. But yeah, isn't he a cutie? Definitely got his daddy's face." I smiled, looking at her. "Did you wanna hold him?"

Aspen nodded, smiling as she took Wyatt into her arms. "Oh my god, he's precious.." She kissed his forehead, "Hi little guy, I'm your auntie. The only auntie, which means I'm the best." She giggled, coddling Wyatt close to her. "I want one.." She pouted and I just shook my head, smiling at her.

I laughed, "Gotta find you a man first. But you can watch him when Christian and I get busy. But we won't be for a while, we'll be all eyes on that precious boy." Aspen handed him to Gage.

"He's definitely got your nose, Nads. I am happy for you and proud of you.." Gage said, sitting down with Wyatt in his arms.

"Thank you, Gage." I smiled at him, "I really hope he grows up to have Christians smile. He's gonna have his hair, for sure." I giggled.

Christian walked back in, walking towards me and kissed my forehead. "Hi, momma." He said, kissing my lips. "Wyatt loving the attention?"

I nodded, looking over at Gage who had Wyatt peacefully sleeping in his arms. "He loves his aunty and uncle for sure. You haven't held him yet.."

Christian nodded, "I did after I cut the cord. The nurse said I should do skin to skin contact with him, apparently that helps him stay calm and soothes him. They recommend it for the mom's too, especially if breast feeding."

"Why don't you try it?" Aspen suggested, as Christian nodded and shrugged before he took his shirt off, holding his hands out to take Wyatt. He took Wyatt into his arms, unwrapping him from the blanket and rested him against his chest.

Christian rubbed his back gently, "He had squirmed slightly when Aspen was handing him over and he just stopped once I had him on my chest..." Christian held his head and back.

"You are an amazing daddy." I said, smiling, sitting up to the best of my ability, scooting over. "Come over here and lay in bed with me.." Christian got up, carrying Wyatt to the bed and got next to me and smiled. I leaned up and kissed his cheek. "I love you.."

"And I love you." He kissed me and then kissed my cheek. "I'm so proud of you, baby girl. You did amazing, and he's healthy, you're healthy, that's all I can ask for." He said, kissing Wyatt's head.

"You two are so cute, it's sickening." Aspen said, laughing. "I still can't believe you two are dating, and have a kid now...I mean, people expected you two to date, but not have a kid and live together."

I laughed, "Isn't it crazy? I don't see him for six years, move here, fall in love with him, and then we have a kid together.." I looked at Christian who was laying back with his eyes closed as he just held Wyatt. "I am very happy with who I am with..I wouldn't want it any other way.."