55.

n a d i a

I took Christian back faster than I wanted to. I was too in love with him to just drop him so quick and try and make him work his way back to me. I wanted him back in my arms, and I wanted him home with me and Wyatt.

I know what he did was fucking ridiculous, I know that me taking him back that quick was dumb of me, as he should've had to work for me. But, when you've been in love with your best friend for as long as I have been with Christian? It just hits different.

The tension definitely was still there and I knew that Christian was still upset with himself and didn't want to cross any lines with me after our talk. He sat in our room while I laid out in the living room with Wyatt, watching Disney movies.

"Mama, dada here?" Wyatt asked me, looking up at me with his beautiful blue eyes.

I nodded, "Yeah, bubby. He's in my bedroom. He might come out later.." I lied, I felt so bad for lying to him, I know he wanted the truth. He was just too young.

Once Wyatt fell asleep, I carried him into his bed and Christian had been in the shower when I walked into the bedroom. I didn't know if he was going to sleep in the same bed as me tonight, but I sure hope he would. I wanted nothing more than to feel his embrace again.

**Dream**

"You fucking slept with someone else?! And you think you can just waltz back up in here and act like everything's cool??"

Christian's breath was heavy, fists clenched as he went to explain himself for what felt like the fortieth time. He knew he made a mistake, and he was about to lose his best friend over it.

"Nadia, will you stop!? I'm trying to fucking explain myself and you keep yelling over me!" He shouted, Nadia covered her ears as she hated hearing him yell.

"Get out, Christian."

"I'm not done talking," He started before he was cut off,

"GET OUT!" She yelled and Christian just shook his head, grabbing his bag and walked out of the house, slamming the front door shut.

I sat up quickly, taking a deep breath as I rubbed my eyes. It was just a dream, Nadia. Just a dream. I looked over to see if Christian was in bed. He wasn't. I frowned, getting up to go look to see if he had left.

When I got in the living room, I saw Christian curled up on the couch, passed out as the tv played in the background. He looked uncomfortable, and I just wanted him to come to bed.

I shook him gently, "Christian..?" I whispered, shaking him again.

Christian rubbed his eyes, "Hm?" He hummed out, looking at me with sleepy eyes, "What's up?"

"I uh, had a bad dream...And I want you to come to bed with me.." I said quietly, biting on my lip as I anticipated his answer.

"I didn't think you wanted me to sleep in the same bed as you, so I slept on the couch.." He rasps, I just shake my head, holding my hand out for him to grab as I walked him to the bedroom.

"I just wanna be held.." I told him as we both laid down, Christian embracing me in his tight grip. "Just like this.." I whispered before placing gentle kisses on his bicep before I fell asleep, knowing everything was going to be okay.

***

I woke up the next morning still in Christian's embrace. He hadn't let go of me all night, and I don't think he planned on letting go any time soon. It was early, Wyatt was still sleeping and I was relieved that everything was finally resolved.

I ran my fingernails up and down Christian's arm as I saw he got goosebumps. I giggled quietly, kissing his bicep gently before turning to look at him, "Good morning, handsome.." I say as I run my fingers through his hair.

"Good morning, beautiful.." He whispered, kissing my cheek softly. I missed his touch.

"You gotta go to practice, don't you?" I asked him, continuing to play with his curls.

"I think I can skip one day, they won't be too mad at me.." He said, pulling me closer to his chest, causing me to giggle.

"You should go, you need to go show everyone your MVP status." I said with a smile on my lips. "Plus, Wyatt has a doctor's appointment I gotta take him to."

Christian nodded, stretching out before he sat up. "I would like to take you out tonight after the game, though.." He mentioned to me, causing me to turn my head in his direction.

"Is that so, Yelich?" I smirk at him.

He nodded again, keeping his eyes on me, "I think you deserve a night out. And we need a night together.." He said, and I nodded.

"I think that would be really nice.." I reply, kissing his cheek, softly. "I'm gonna go shower up if you wanna join before you go to practice?" I giggle, getting out of bed and walked into the bathroom. I started the shower and stripped down before stepping inside.

It wasn't long until I was joined by Christian who just wrapped his arms around me. "I figured we could save some water,"

I roll my eyes, turning to look at him, "You been working out more?" I ask, admiring how his abs were becoming more defined.

"A little, not a lot though. I gotta say.." His hands moved to my hips, "Your body is fucking stunning...Damn.." He said, biting his bottom lip. "My wife is so beautiful.."

"You know what you haven't done yet?" I ask him, cupping his chin in my hand.

"What's that?"

I smile, "This," I pulled him down slightly so his lips would meet mine. I missed the feeling of his lips on mine. Something that truly made me melt and get weak for. I craved his kisses all the time, and it was truly a weakness of mine.

Christian pulled back, keeping our lips only inches apart from each other, "You're right, maybe I should do it again.."

"I wouldn't be opposed to it," I giggle before I'm cut off by his lips again.

This is what it was like to be in love again.