71.

n a d i a

The positive reassurance I got from Christian really helped me feel more comfortable with this pregnancy. I knew that it was going to be rough for me mentally, especially after losing the little one a while ago. But, finding out that we were really expecting again made me thrilled. I've always wanted to give Wyatt a sibling, I didn't think it was fair for him to be an only child.

It still baffled me that I even had one kid to begin with. I don't think it really set in until Wyatt turned about a year old. Christian and I were still young and living our lives, trying to figure out what we really wanted to do with ourselves. The marriage was even something we both second guessed at first, but realized that we didn't want to be with any other person but each other.

****

The bump was definitely starting to show and fairly early on in my pregnancy. I was just a little over two months along, I wasn't complaining, though. I missed seeing a little baby bump. I think it was definitely time to let our families know. I wanted to wait until we got past that little "danger" period before announcing it. I didn't want to risk it.

I rubbed some lotion on my belly and pulled my shirt back down, looking at myself in the mirror. I was feeling more confident in myself with this pregnancy, for sure.

Christian walked in with Wyatt in his arms and I was greeted by Wy with the biggest smile. "Someone wanted their momma." Christian said, handing Wyatt over to me.

"Hi, handsome boy!" I kissed his cheek, moving to sit on the bed and sat Wyatt in my lap.

"Momma, daddy pway wif me!" Wyatt said, pointing over at Christian.

"We played some catch. But with his soft ball kit, didn't want to break anything." Christian chuckled, sitting down next to me. "He definitely is going to be a good outfielder." He winked at me.

I giggle, fixing Wyatt's little curls, "You gonna play baseball like daddy when you grow up?"

Wyatt nodded, "I pway with Unc' Trav already, momma!" He put his hands on my belly, and I had realized we haven't told Wyatt yet.

Christian looked at Wyatt, then at me, "Wanna tell him?"

I nod, smiling. "Wyatt, do you want a little brother or sister?"

"Yes, momma! They pway wif my toys!" Wyatt said, clapping his hands. "A baby."

"Yeah, a baby! What if I told you that there's a little baby in my tummy?" I ask him, watching his eyes widen.

He gasped, "You have baby, mommy?!"

"They will be here in a couple of months. You're gonna be a big brother!!" I said, kissing the top of his head. I loved seeing his reaction, definitely made me feel better about going about telling our families about the pregnancy.

Christian smiled, watching Wyatt giggle and be excited. "I think he's pretty excited," He said and ruffled up Wyatt's hair. "I think you're gonna be a great big brother, Wy."

"I be a broffer?" He looked at the both of us, I could tell he was really trying to understand what was going on.

Christian nodded, "Yeah! You're gonna be a big brother, and I know you're gonna be the best one!"

Christian really was an amazing dad to Wyatt. I couldn't wait to see how he was with two babies in the house.

****

The three of us watched movies for the night, allowing Wyatt to sleep in the middle of the both of us. I was sleeping with my pregnancy pillow again, so it was becoming difficult for Christian and I to cuddle the way we like to when we're sleeping. Wyatt loved sleeping against my chest when he was sleeping in our bed. It was adorable to me, honestly. The thought of security was what made me smile, he felt safe in my arms and that's all I wanted as a mom.

Christian was still sound asleep when I woke up in the morning. I let him sleep for a little bit as he was tired from baseball. I picked up Wyatt carefully, carrying him into his bedroom to lay him in his bed so he could sleep comfy in his own blankets. It was 7 in the morning, not sure why I was up, but I was.

Once I got Wyatt all tucked in, I walked back into my bedroom, crawling in bed next to Christian and moved his arm, wrapping it around me as I pulled the blankets up. He stirred slightly, only to make his grip on me a little tighter.

I smile small, kissing his chest lightly.

"You really wanted to be held..." Christian mumbles, opening his eyes slightly to look at me.

I giggle quietly, "Maybe. The pregnancy pillow can only do so much for cuddling. And kind of had our child in the middle as a barrier."

He rubbed his eyes, stretching out, "He was cuddled up on you all night. Like, clinging on to you. I think it's maybe an instinct thing."

"What do you mean?" I ask him.

"Like, maybe babies get a sense of when their mom is pregnant again so they kind of cling themselves to their moms with that thought process of not wanting you to get hurt. Or maybe it's because he's an only child now and maybe thinks he's not going to get the attention he gets now once the baby arrives?" Christian shrugged, "It was something I was thinking about.."

I nod, listening to what he had to say. "You think he's going to be jealous once the baby's here?"

"There's no doubt in my mind that he is going to feel a little jealous. Wyatt clings onto the both of us, and once the baby is here, I'm sure that he'll feel that we're not giving him all the attention that we normally would." Christian said, sighing, "But at the same time, he'll have to realize that the baby is going to need more attention than him at times."

"I understand he's a baby too, but, this is going to be a newborn. Something you and I haven't been around in a little while. And we'll have two kiddos to juggle with our schedules." Christian ran his hand through my hair, "But, I think he will be okay. He'll understand. I think he's going to be a great help."

I nodded in agreement, "I think he's going to be tremendous help when the baby comes. I can't wait to see how excited he gets. I am sure he'll want to hold the baby all the time," I giggle.

Christian nodded, smiling, "Oh, for sure. He's going to so excited. I think he'll be super protective over them." 

"I hope so. I think it'll teach him a little bit more responsibility. But, he'll be an amazing big brother.." I tell him. 

"And the baby is gonna look amazing because you're their momma." Christian kissed my forehead, cuddling me close. 

I just shake my head and look at him, "You're crazy." 

He smiles at me and shrugs, "I'm just telling you the truth! Our kiddos have a beautiful mom.." He said as he played with a strand of my hair. "I really am one lucky guy.."