57.

c h r i s t i a n

It was another away weekend, but this time I was actually able to bring my girl and my little man. Wyatt hadn't been on a road trip with us yet, so I was excited to see how he would react to the new environment and how everyone would love him. He's a lovable little guy, gets it from his dad.

Nadia was shuffling through the suitcase, trying to find something to wear. Don't know why she was always so picky about her outfit choices, she looked good in anything she wore, and when she wore nothing, but that's for my mind.

"Why do you take so long to get ready? I just put clothes on, deodorant and some cologne and I'm good to go.." I ask my wife as I walk into the bathroom where I see her messing around with her hair. She was wearing one of my jerseys and it fell to about her knees, she looked so fucking good.

"I gotta make sure I look good, baby.." Nadia replied, looking at me through the mirror as she grabbed her toothbrush, brushing her teeth.

I rolled my eyes at her answer, "You're kidding right?"

"No..." Nadia told me when she finished brushing her teeth, "I'm a baseball wife, I have an image to keep up."

I'll admit, hearing Nadia call herself a baseball wife made me smile. It sounded good on her.

"You're fucking beautiful, Nads. You don't need to worry about a good outfit. You fucking rock anything you wear.." I told her, wrapping my arms around her waist as she just turned around, putting a hand on my chest.

"I really do appreciate you, Christian, I don't know if I'll ever be able to stop telling you that." She said quietly before standing on her toes to give me a kiss. "You make me feel beautiful, and I don't know if I would be able to without you.."

I pause, looking at her. Nadia was the most beautiful girl in the world and she was second guessing herself? She needed my approval? Crazy talk.

"You are beautiful all the time, baby. You don't need to have me around to be beautiful, it's all a natural thing for you." I tell her as I tuck a strand of hair behind her ear, "You thinking that you aren't beautiful is crazy talk. You are one of a kind."

Nadia blushed, shaking her head and looked at her feet, "You always know how to make me blush.." She giggled quietly as I embraced her in a tight hug. We hold each other in our arms until there's a knock at our hotel door.

"I get it, momma!!" Wyatt exclaimed as I saw him run past the bathroom door and I went behind him, picking him up and he squealed, "Dada!! No! I get it!" I smile and kiss his cheek as I open the door to see Ryan and Larisa with their two kiddos.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask, setting Wyatt down as he went to hug Celine. I think someone was developing a crush.

"I was wondering if Wyatt wanted to come hang out with me, Greyson and Celine. We're going to the zoo while you guys are at your game." Larisa replied, smiling when she saw Wyatt hug Celine, "I think he would love it."

I look back in the bathroom at Nadia, "Babe? You okay with that?"

Nadia poked her head out of the bathroom, "Huh?" She saw Larisa and Ryan and instantly smiled, "Hey guys! What's going on?"

"They were wondering if Wyatt wanted to come with them to the zoo while we go to the game.." I told her, and she just nodded.

"I think he would love that! He's always welcome to hang out with you guys." Nadia replied, looking at Wyatt then at me. "I'm sure you're okay with that..?"

I nod, "Of course. He's gonna have a lot more fun there than sitting at a baseball game," I laugh, helping Wyatt get his things. "You behave, Wy. Larisa will give us a report on you."