▪️5 - Gift▪️

[Petir's POV]

I was silently walking my way towards my little brother's room while carrying something on my other hand. I slowly and gently grabbed the doorknob of his door and quietly twisted it open.

The door slowly swung wide open, a few creaks were heard as it opens.

I quietly tiptoed all the way towards my little brother where he was having a deep slumber on his bed.

As I reached his bed, I quickly separated the curtains as the natural, bright light from outside emitted across my little brother's room.

"Happy Birthday, Daun!" I cheerfully exclaimed as I gently shook him for him to wake up.

My little, leaf elemental brother moaned as he stretched out his little arms with his eyes slowly opening. He let out a yawn as he slowly sat up from his bed with his drowsy eyes still adjusting from the bright light.

"Rise and shine, buddy! Today's your big day!" I excitedly stated, ruffling Daun's messy hair.

My little brother's head shot up, his big, brown eyes stared at me, surprised.

"It's my birthday today!?" He exclaimed as he excitedly jumped off his bed.

"It's my birthday, it's my birthday, it's my birthday!" He cheerfully chanted as he playfully ran around me which it made me chuckled softly at his adorable, playful behaviour.

"Do I have gifts?! Or toys!? Or anything!?" He swiftly asked, making me chuckled once more.

"Of course you have gifts, Daun." I softly said, smiling warmly afterwards.

"Can I open them now?!" He excitedly asked. "Can I?! Can I?!"

I happily heaved a sigh. "Well, our parents' gifts can wait but to my gift for you..." I smiled heartily. "You don't need to open mine." I stated, making my little brother's head tilted slightly to the side.

"Because..." I smiled as I revealed my gift for Daun and showed it to him.

"All you have to do is to wear it." I softly said as I put on my gift on his head, which was a cap similar to mine, but, the color was green with a different symbol; Nature.

I hummed, staring at my little brother.

"Actually, you need a different trademark." I stated as I held his cap and faced it sideways.

"Now, that's much better." I stated, smiling.

"But, I wanted to be like you..." Daun mumbled, forming a sad pout from his face. I chuckled softly and smiled warmly.

"You don't need to be like me." I said. "All you need is to just, be yourself." I stated as I gently caressed my little brother's small cheek.

My little brother curved a wide grin as he tackled me to a warm, bear hug once more.

"Thank you, big brother..." He genuinely said, with his eyes closed and a warm smile on his lips as he hugged me.

I smiled sadly as I gently embraced him back, and whispered, "Happy birthday, my little, nature elemental brother."

[End of POV]

<~><~><~>

"Big brother!" Daun exclaimed as he ran towards his big brother, Petir and jumped up to hug him.

"Happy birthday, big brother Petir!" The little leaf elemental greeted with a wide smile plastered on his face.

"Thanks, Daun!" The lightning element replied, chuckling and smiled cheerily.

The leaf element then broke the hug and looked down sadly on the ground, with his head hung low.

Concerned, Petir kneeled down as he put a hand on his little brother's shoulder.

"What's wrong, Daun?" The lightning element asked, worriedly.

"I..." The leaf element spoke. "I don't have a nice gift for you..." He replied, sighing sadly. "I couldn't buy anything good for you since I don't have any money to buy you gifts..." He explained, facing his brother gloomily.

"I...only have this..." He stated as he brought out his gift, revealing a red, dahlia flower.

"I'm sorry if it's not enough

"I'm sorry if it's not enough..." He mumbled as he gave the flower to his lightning elemental big brother and lowered his head once more.

As the lightning element received the gift and stared at it, he smiled sadly as he held on the gift his little brother gave to him.

"I love it, Daun." Petir softly said, making the leaf element's head shot up in surprise.

"Y-You do?!" Daun exclaimed, his eyes widening.

The lightning element smiled warmly. "Yeah." He replied as he pulled his little brother to an embrace.

"Thanks for the gift, Daun..." He genuinely said. The leaf element then formed a wide smile on his lips as he hugged his big brother back.

"But..." Petir loosened the hug so he could face his little brother.

"I don't need gifts." He stated. "Because..." He smiled warmly.

"You are already the best gift I ever had." He heartily said, facing his little brother with a warm smile that could melt anyone's heart.

The leaf element's lips quivered as tears started to form from his eyes as he heard his big brother's statement.

He sniffled.

"Thank you for accepting me for who I am and for what I have, big brother..."