▪️20 - Jealous▪️

The lightning element paused from his friend's question as he pondered about it.

Who will he choose...?

His friends?

Or his little brother?

Which from the two really makes him happy?

...what he really deserves?

...what he needed?

Which one...?

"Heh, hard to choose between the two, isn't it?" His light elemental friend scoffed, both of his hands crossed on his chest.

"Let me tell you this, if you choose us, you can have all the fun you wanted." Cahaya said, grinning. "All what you really wanted to do in your life."

"But, if you will choose your little brother," The light element smirked. "You will lose your only friends that you have right now..." He stated, grinning evilly afterwards.

"Besides, you and your little brother always see each other at home, right? So, it's not a big deal to decide who are you going to choose between us." He added, chuckling wickedly afterwards.

The lightning element furrowed his eyebrows. He couldn't choose between the two. He wanted to be with his little brother, as much as he also wanted to be with his friends. For him, it felt like there's one angel and one demon whispering on both of his ears, telling him who to choose between them, who he really deserves to be with.

Suddenly, Petir's eyes widened when he saw something behind his friends' back...

It was his little brother, Daun...

...talking with Tanah.

He saw his cheery, wide smile he wanted to see for a long time...

...that smile he needed to cheer him up...

But, it wasn't for him...

Instead, they were for Tanah.

He saw how his little brother talked to Tanah with cheerfulness...

His little brother was happy...

And Petir thought he might've moved on...

...moved on from him...

Deep inside, he felt his heart sting...

He felt jealous on the inside...

A single tear escaped from the lightning elemental's eyes.

'No, it can't be...'

It was only his imagination...

...right...?

But, he knew he was facing the reality...

The lightning element lowered his cap down, trying not to show that he's tearing up. But, he knew his friends had seen it, and there was no escape from it.

"Daun...why...?" He muttered under his breath, his voice trembled.

Daun and Tanah continued walking, still talking to each other with the leaf elemental's lips curved a joyful smile until they disappeared from Petir's sight.

"So?" Air spoke, his foot impatiently tapping on the ground with both of his arms crossed on his chest.

Petir's pupils in his eyes shook, lifting his head up to face his friends with watery eyes.

'I'm sorry...' He thought as he felt his heart in his chest tightened.

"Fine..."

=#=#=#=#=

The leaf element came back home from school, throwing his small bag on the floor as he ran upstairs to head towards his big brother's room. He immediately grabbed the doorknob of his big brother's door and opened the door widely.

"Big brother!~" The leaf element chirped, as his vibrant eyes glanced around the room to find his big brother. He saw his big brother's bag placed beside his wooden closet.

His expression became gloomy. His heart dropped when he realized...

He wasn't home...