▪️11 - Broken▪️

[Daun's POV]

"Big brother!~" I exclaimed as I shook his body for him to wake up.

My big brother groaned as he squeezed his eyes and covered his eyes using his arm. "Daun, let me rest for a bit..." He muttered, making me pout sadly.

"You promised, remember?" I reminded him. "That today, we're going to hang out together? Just the two of us?" I stated, with my lips quivering.

I heard my big brother sighed deeply as he sat up from his bed and looked at me with his drowsy eyes.

He yawned and asked, "What time is it anyway?"

"Four in the morning." I stated, smiling sheepishly while pointing at his alarm clock.

My big brother's jaw dropped in disbelief. "Are you serious, Daun!?" He exclaimed. "You wake me up around four in the morning!?" He asked, slightly irritated.

Terrified from my big brother's response, I lowered my head down in guilt, feeling ashamed of myself.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered softly while staring down at the cold, wooden floor with full of shame.

"I'm just afraid that you might forget what we'd promised yesterday..." I sighed sadly. "Afraid that you've already forgotten about me..."

Then, I felt a hand gently cupped my face and slowly lifted my head up, making me face my big brother's brown eyes.

"I won't forget my promise to you, Daun..." He calmly said.

"I'm just surprised that you're already awake this early in the morning and, I could see that you're excited for the two of us to hang out, but..." He chuckled softly. "It's too early, Daun. Maybe, do you want to sleep with me instead for a while just to pass time?" He asked, smiling afterwards.

I smiled back and gave a nod in response. "Okay!" I immediately took off my shoes and climbed up on my big brother's bed, laying down beside him afterwards.

"Is it still okay for me to say, 'Goodnight', even though it's morning right now?" I asked.

I heard my big brother chuckled slightly. "Just go to sleep, Daun."

I giggled softly. Slowly, I closed my eyes as I peacefully drifted off to sleep.

[End of POV]

=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=

"Big brother Petir! Come on, come on, come on! Let's go!" The leaf element cheerfully said, jumping playfully while waiting for his big brother to exit the house.

"Stay safe, okay boys?" Their mother said as the lightning element went out of the house. "And make sure to come home before sunset." She reminded, making the two boys nodded in response.

"We will, Mom! Bye!" The two elemental brothers said in unison, bidding their farewells to their mother and started their time together.

=+=+=+=

Peacefully, the two elemental brothers walked together, not minding where their feet will take them but, as long as they have each other.

But, the little leaf manipulator wasn't satisfied with their time together...

Why?

Tap! Tap! Tap!

His lightning elemental big brother was using his phone, texting someone through the said gadget all throughout their journey.