▪️19 - Choose▪️

The leaf element's eyelids fluttered open, adjusting his eyesight from the bright light on the ceiling. He grunted, lifting half of his body up from the bed and sat up.

"You're awake, I see..." A soft, feminine voice said, making Daun startled a bit and turned his head to face that person.

It was his mother.

"Are you feeling alright?" She asked, earning a slight nod from the nature element.

"I'm feeling a bit better now..." Daun replied.

The woman sighed in relief. "I'm glad you're feeling okay for now..." She stated, gently caressing her leaf elemental son's soft cheeks.

The leaf manipulator curved a small smile as he faced his mother. "Thanks for taking care of me, Mom." He genuinely said, smiling.

His mother smiled sadly. "But, I wasn't the one who took care of you..." She softly said, making the leaf element tilted his head slightly in confusion.

"Then...who...?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Your big brother was the one who took care of you..." She answered, facing her son with a sad, warm smile.

Daun frowned when his mother mentioned his 'big brother'- which it's already making him feel annoyed by just hearing it- and it made him crossed both of his arms on his chest, huffing afterwards.

"Daun..." His mother called, her expression became downhearted. She placed a hand on the leaf elemental's shoulder, gently caressing it afterwards.

"Didn't you know your big brother stayed up all night just to watch over you and take care of you while you're feeling sick...?" She stated, looking sadly at her son.

Tears welled up from the nature element's eyes as his chest tightened upon hearing those words his mother had said.

"When I came to check on both of you, I was surprised and worried at the same time when I saw your big brother was still awake in the middle of the night just to look after you..." His mother told him, a single tear escaped from the leaf elemental's eyes.

"I told him to go to his room to rest for the day while I take over to look after you instead. He was so exhausted, but still...he wouldn't rest nor sleep until you get better." She continued.

"Because, he cares for you, Daun..." She stated, as Daun started sobbing quietly.

"You two aren't still in good terms yet, are you?" She asked, hearing no response from her son as he stayed quiet.

The leaf element then shook his head in response, his head lowered down guilt and distress. He never thought his big brother would do that for him.

Maybe, he was being too judgemental about his big brother. Maybe, he was thinking too much negative thoughts about his big brother. Maybe, he just failed to see what his big brother only wanted to show him.

That he deeply cares for him...

That he dearly loves him...

Even when his attitude changed...

That didn't matter for his lightning elemental big brother.

Petir wanted to change himself...

From that selfish, ignorant big brother back to that big brother Daun wished for him to be...

Who has a kind heart, who was so selfless, supportive, and warm...

Treating what an older sibling should treat to his young sibling...

"How could I not have noticed it before...?" Daun's voice cracked as he broke down into tears. "I missed him, Mom..." He gloomily said, looking up at his mother with full of tears streaming down from his eyes.

How could I apologize to him...?" He asked with a pained expression, few suppressed sound of hiccups escaped from his mouth.

"You don't have to apologize to him, sweetie..." His mother replied, smiling sadly while gently soothing the leaf element to calm down. "Because he would already accept your apology..." She added, gently stroking the hair of the leaf manipulator.

"Just show him, how you truly care and how you deeply love your big brother with all of your heart. That way, you'll feel his tender, endearing love for you."

=#=#=#=#=

The door swung slightly, with the little leaf element taking a peek inside his big brother's room. He slightly pouted when he saw his lightning elemental big brother still lied down, resting on the bed with his back facing the leaf element.

Daun deeply sighed as he quietly closed the door, carefully not to wake his big brother up.

But actually...

Petir was awake all along...

<~><~><~>

The lightning element was on his locker, getting his things needed for his next classes. After he closed his locker door, he got startled by Cahaya's face hiding behind the locker door all along after closing it. Air was only behind him, laughing uncontrollably.

"Stop that or I'll electrocute you!" Petir threatened while glaring at his light elemental friend.

"Geez! Alright, alright!" The light manipulator stuttered as he raised both his hands up in surrender. "Chill out, bro!" He said, dropping his hands back down to his sides.

The lightning element sighed and raised a brow at his friends. "What do you guys want?" He asked, with both of his hands crossed on his chest.

"We want you to hang out with us to watch a movie in the cinema later on after school!" The water element said, smiling widely.

"Sorry, I can't..." Petir declined. "Maybe some other time?" He suggested while shrugging his shoulders and started walking towards his next class.

"You declined because of your little brother, isn't it?" Cahaya asked, narrowing his eyes directly at the lightning element. Petir turned around and faced the light element, frowning.

"Alright then, let's play the choosing game." The light element smirked while he clapped his hands, making the lightning element narrowed his eyes into slits.

"Us or your little brother?"

====================================

Question: Who do you think will Petir choose between the two?