▪️8 - Friends▪️

2 years from now...

Petir had already grown up, turning to his teenage years.

While his little brother, Daun, had also grown up, becoming a young, humble boy.

Still, after these past years, the lightning and nature elementals' brotherly bond together remained firm.

Unbreakable.

Incredible.

Memorable.

Their brotherhood was so deeply remarkable.

It was very rare and unique;

Seeing siblings like these two elemental brothers who deeply cared, supported and loved each and one other throughout the years.

Without any fights...

Nor arguments...

Not even some complaints...

Truly, their brotherly bond together was very appealing, endearing and sweet where anyone would envy their relationship as siblings.

But the question is...

Will this relationship between the two brothers still continue up until this time?

=#=#=#=#=#=#=

"Mommy! I'm finished with my cereal!" The leaf elemental cheerfully said as he lightly pushed his empty bowl on the table and got up from his chair.

Meanwhile, the lightning element was fixing his things for school, zipping his bag close as he was finished. His leaf elemental brother went beside him, with his small, green backpack carried on his back and a lunchbox held on his hands, feeling prepared.

As Petir wore his black, sling bag around him, he glanced to their mother, smiling warmly.

"Mom, we're going now." He stated. "See you later!" He said as he bid his farewell to their mother. Same goes to his little brother.

"Bye, Mommy!" Daun joyfully said, waving his little hand at their mother.

"Goodbye, boys!" Their mother cheery responded. "Goodluck and have fun!" She added, smiling brightly afterwards.

"We will!"

<~><~><~>

"Big brother Petir..." Daun called his big brother while clinging his little arms around Petir's neck, who was carrying the leaf elemental on his back.

"Hm?" The lightning element hummed, waiting for his little brother's response while busy carrying his little brother all the way to school, with his eyes focused on the direction he was going.

"Do you have...friends?" His little brother asked, making the lightning element bit his lower lip as his brown eyes lowered down on the ground.

"No..." He replied. "I don't have any friends." He stated, calmly and curved a small smile.

"Actually..." Petir spoke. "I don't really need friends." He said, chuckling silently afterwards.

"Because, you're already like a friend to me, the bestest and closest friend I've ever had and that's enough for me." He stated, smiling heartily. "You're enough for me."

"But..." Daun mumbled. "In case someone or anyone would become friends with you, will you promise that you won't forget about me?" He asked, with a slightly worried tone on his voice.

His big brother smiled sadly. "Of course, I won't." He replied, sincerely.

"I promise."

<~><~><~>

RRRRING!

The bell rang, signalling a lunch break for Petir and his schoolmates.

While the lightning element was fixing his things, two boys approached him and one of them tapped his shoulder.

The lightning element turned around, meeting a boy with a white cap facing similar to his trademark but a little bit on the side and a boy, also wearing a cap but a blue one with almost same trademark as him but his cap was a bit lowered, unable to see his eyes clearly.

"Hey there!" The boy with a white cap greeted as he waved his hand a little.

"The name's Cahaya and this boy beside me is my friend, Air." Cahaya introduced, making the lightning element stared at the two boys with a bored face.

"If you're here just for me to become friends with you, sorry, I declined." Petir said, straightforwardly as he took his things and turned away from the boys to leave them. "Besides, who needs friends anyway? They're nothing but an excess baggage in our lives." He added as he started to walk out of the classroom.

But before the lightning element could even took a single step out, his head shot up, with his eyes widened as he heard the words escaped from Cahaya's voice from a short distance away.

"I think you're pretty cool, Petir." The boy with the white cap stated.

"Let's be friends."

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Question: How old do you think Petir and Daun are right now?