▪️13 - Unexpected▪️

Surprised, the three boys glanced at the direction where the voice was heard. Same goes to the three men, making them grit their teeth in irritation. They saw a figure standing from the shadows, glaring directly at the three kidnappers with a menacing aura around him.

"Earth Punch!" The person shouted, emerging up three, hard rocks from below the ground and hit the three kidnappers directly on their bodies, causing them to stumble back to the ground with a loud thud.

"Leave before you'll taste another one of my powers..." The person threathened, his hands form into fists.

Without hesitation, the three men immediately got up while stumbling and ran away, disappearing from the person's sight.

"Are you kids okay?" The person asked, carefully walking towards the three boys without scaring them.

The three boys squinted their eyes to see the figure clearly. They could now clearly see the person who was most likely in his teenage years, wearing a brown cap facing backwards and was also wearing a brown jacket. They hesitantly nodded in response, with their heads lowered down.

"It's okay. I'm not gonna hurt you." He stated, smiling. "My name's Tanah. I have a gifted elemental power, which is an earth element." The earth element gently introduced himself. "Are you kids lost? I can help you find your way back." He calmly said, smiling warmly at the trio.

After a few seconds of thinking, the three boys smiled back at the earth element and gave a nod in agreement. They went towards him and begun their walk.

"Oh yeah. What are your names?" Tanah asked softly. The three boys replied,

"My name's Api!"

"While I'm Angin!"

"I'm Daun!"

"Woah! Those are some unique names!" The earth element complimented, making the three boys smile widely. "Do you kids by any chance, have gifted powers like me?" He asked, earning a nod from the trio.

"I have the ability to control the fire element. Angin can control the wind element but he still haven't able to summon it yet while for Daun, he can control the nature element." Api answered, making the earth elemental's eyes widened in surprise. "That's cool!" He commented.

"By the way, can we ask how did you find us?" Angin asked, looking up at the earth manipulator.

"I was actually just training my powers on the field when my eyes caught something from a distance. There, I saw the three of you got trapped by those three men from earlier. I couldn't just stand there and watch you kids get kidnapped by those greedy kidnappers so, I came to help the three of you." He replied, gently patting the trio's head with a warm smile.

"You should've just kicked off their butts until they get hurt..." The fire element pouted, making Tanah chuckled lightly.

"I give mercy to people. So, I only use my powers to help people like protecting them from danger." The earth element calmly stated.

Daun, who was quiet all along, finally asked, "Do you have siblings?"

The earth element paused and pursed his lips. "I...never really have any siblings." He replied. "I'm the only child in the family." He softly said.

"Lucky you..." Api pouted. "I wish I was the only child in the family...since, my big brother doesn't even care a single thing about me, nor my existence anymore..." He stated, making him, Angin and Daun sighed deeply.

"May I ask who are your big brothers?" Tanah gently asked.

"My big brother is Cahaya." Api replied.

"Air is my big brother." Angin replied the next.

"My big brother's name is Petir." Daun stated.

The three boys' answers made the earth element shocked, like he wasn't expecting that they were their big brothers.

"What's wrong, Tanah?" Angin worriedly asked, his little hand gently pulling the earth element's sleeves to get his attention, which he did.

"It's just..." Tanah sighed sadly. "They're the ones who are actually...bullying me...in school..." He mumbled, his facial expression became gloomy.

The three boys gasped in shock. "Why?" They asked in unison.

"I don't know..." Tanah replied. "They just...suddenly bullied me for no reason..." He muttered.

"And for Petir...I recalled him being a nice person but had this cold aura where students were actually afraid to approach or even talk to him. But, he was really a friendly person when you get to know him. Until, he met Air and Cahaya..." He told them, making Daun shook his head in disbelief.

"All of the sudden, I became the victim of their bullies. They would tease me, backstab me, call me pet names, and even hurt me...physically and emotionally..." The earth element said, his voice trembling as he speaks.

"I never really tried reporting them to the teacher, nor the guidance counsellor, nor even the principal. I never even tried telling about them to my parents. Because..." He faced the three boys.

"I was patiently waiting for them to change for who they are. To see for themselves that they could still become a good person one day." He stated.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Tanah..." Daun genuinely apologized. "I'm sorry about my big brother..."

The earth manipulator smiled sadly. "It's okay, Daun." He softly said, gently patting the head of the leaf element. "I can face my problems on my own, no matter how challenging they are..." He determinedly said, glancing at the three boys.

After hearing the earth element's words, the three boys felt determined and relieved at the same time. His words enlightened them, making them feel enthusiastic inside and out.

"Is it okay if we can call you, 'Big brother Tanah'?" The leaf element asked, making Api and Angin nodded in agreement and patiently waited for the earth element's response.

Tanah was surprised to hear that question. He hadn't been asked such questions like that since forever. He felt good and really touched by the question Daun asked for him to become.

"Sure." The earth manipulator softly replied, smiling warmly at the three boys.

"Yay!" The three little boys exclaimed. "Big brother Tanah!" The trio suddenly crashed the earth element into a warm, group hug. Tanah laughed softly as he gently returned the hug back.

"Thank you for saving us earlier!" The three elemental boys genuinely said in unison, making Tanah formed a sad but gentle smile on his lips. Now, he finally knew what it felt like to have siblings.

"There you are!"

====================================

How are my chappys (chapters) so far? TwT