▪️18 - Sick▪️

[Petir's POV]

I was inside my little brother's room, watching him rest on his bed with a wet towel placed on his forehead. I stared at him gloomily with a heavy heart.

'I'm sorry, Daun. I should've been there for you...' I thought as I held my little brother's small, pale hand that was rested on his side.

Suddenly, another memory flashed in my mind...

...wherein, I was the one who was very ill.

=#=#=#=#=

COUGH! COUGH!

Hard, uncontrollable coughs escaped from my mouth as I clutched my chest tightly. I was on my bed, my blanket covering half of my body with few tissues scattered all around my bed.

"Big brother!?" My little brother exclaimed. "Are you feeling okay!?" He worriedly asked and started panicking.

I saw him fidgeting his fingers, trembling while thinking of something for me to cool down. I smiled weakly and chuckled softly while watching my youngest brother already jumping in panic and covering his face as he screamed.

"Daun..." I calmly called his name, getting his attention. My little brother looked at me, his eyes filled with worry.

I told him to wear his mask on before I gestured him to come towards me and lie down next to me on the bed. I gently wrapped both of my hands around my little brother, cuddling him with my chin placed on top of his head.

"Please be more careful next time, big brother Petir." Daun remarked, his little hands held on to my arms. "I don't want you to become sick like this..." He mumbled quietly, leaning on to my chest afterwards.

I lifted my head up as I felt my little brother's head looked up at me. I could tell that he was smiling behind the mask since I saw his soft cheeks expanded a bit, with his eyes also smiling.

"Don't worry, big brother Petir..." He said. "For I, your little brother, Daun will always be there for you to take care of you when you're sick." He confidently stated, making me chuckled lightly and smiled heartily.

"You don't have to, Daun..." I softly said, smiling warmly. "Besides, I'm already feeling better since, you're here...with me." I stated, as I gently caressed my little brother's small hand.

"And, you're all I need, Daun...

For my illnesses to be healed..."

=#=#=#=#=

[End of POV]

The lightning element felt his heart sank, his breath hitched at the same time.

Daun was always there for him even when he wasn't feeling well.

He felt bad by the thought of him, not being there for his little brother when he needed him the most.

Then he thought...

It was now time for him to be there for his little brother.

"Big brother..." The leaf element mumbled in his sleep as if, he was dreaming.

The lightning element's attention was now on his little brother, hearing his youngest sibling calling out to him.

"Please..." The nature element mumbled, sniffling. "Stay..." He mumbled once more, tears started trickling down on his face while he was dreaming in his sleep.

The lightning element felt his heart ached at his little brother's words. He couldn't bare the feeling of his little brother crying.

In fact, he hated seeing him cry. He could feel his heart tearing apart when he sees him crying. His heart felt heavy whenever his little brother is unhappy.

The lightning element leaned a bit closer to his little brother, wiping away the tears from his little brother's closed eyes.

"Don't worry, Daun..." Petir softly said. "I'm not going anywhere..." He reassured, his hand made its way to his soft hair and stroke it gently.

"I'll just be here, staying for you..."