Chapter Sixteen

Once Lance and Keith finally arrived at the island, they crawled out of the water and collapsed on the sand. They panted heavily and stared up at the sky.

"I'm...never...doing that...again." Keith said in between pants and he moved closer to Lance.

Lance grabbed Keith's hand and intertwined their fingers, not saying anything until he had fully caught his breath.

"You'll have to do it again. How else are we supposed to get back?" Lance said as he sat up and looked around him.

"I'll lay on your back and you can carry me back." Keith huffed and stood up, pulling Lance up with him. "Come on, we're here might as well look around."

"I am not carrying you back." Lance said, standing up and grabbing onto Keith's hand, intertwining their fingers again. "Do you think there's people here?"

"Maybe, we should be careful just in case." Keith said and he slipped on his shoes, then gave Lance his. He had grabbed them before swimming after Lance and he had put them in a bag before hand because....well because why not.

Lance put on his shoes. "Thanks baby." Lance said and he pulled Keith further inland. "Let's gooo!" He said happily.

Lance and Keith walked into the forest while holding hands tightly. They had no weapons so if they were attacked they'd have to rely on hand to hand combat, their dodging, and hiding skills. Or they could try to find or make a weapon.

Lance eventually let go of Keith's hand and he started climbing a tall tree.

"What are you doing?! Be careful!" Keith cried out worriedly and he stayed at the bottom of the tree.

Lance went all the way to the top and he stood up, looking out at the view before him. He saw the trees, the water, flowers, hills. It was breath taking.

"Keith! Come up here!" Lance called down to him.

"Why?!" Keith called up to him. They had to yell just to hear each other.

"Just get up here you big baby!"

"I'm not a baby!" Keith whined and he started climbing up the tree. He stood up with Lance once he got to the top and he gasped at the view. "It's beautiful..." He whispered.

"Just like you." Lance said to him, causing Keith's cheeks to turn a faint shade of pink.

"You're beautiful too." Keith said to Lance.

"Not as beautiful as you."

Keith made a small noise, like an embarrassed noise since he didn't know what to say. He continued to look over the view with a small smile. "Let's keep wandering." He said slowly climbing down.

Lance pouted and he slowly climbed down after Keith. He wished he had his phone so he could take a picture.

Keith jumped down the last few inches and waited for Lance.

Lance was just about down when his foot slipped off the branch, causing him to fall.

Keith panicked and quickly shot forward and caught Lance in his arms. Luckily Lance wasn't too high up so the force of it didn't cause Keith to fall over.

"Are you okay?!" He said to Lance in panic and set him down, looking over him for any injuries.

Lance laughed and smiled at Keith. "I'm bigger now Keith, I'm fine I promise." He said and kissed his lovers nose softly.

Keith grabbed Lance's hand and intertwined their fingers.

They started to wander around again. Both occasionally pointing things out to the other.