Part 2

Growwwwl!!! 

It's is deep and scary. I take a step back and it takes 3 gigantic ones toward me. Now that it's closer, I could see some sort of dark crown on its head. But it's eyes are black now? Suddenly out of nowhere, a vine pushes me forward toward the creature and end up so close to it that my hand touch it's chest. My breath hitches. It wraps it's numerous tentacles around me. EW! 

"Minee!!!" 

It practically screams it to the entire world. I can feel tears sliding down my cheeks. 

"P-p-please let me go..."

 My voice practically shakes with fear. It doesn't reply back. Suddenly it lets me go. It's eyes change back to red. 

"My name Aakil. I am the king of these woods. I can control of nature. You just met my inner demon, but he doesn't come out often." Oh so that must be why his eyes changed color. 

"I know you must be frightened, but you must come with me so I can explain." 

I gulp, not sure what to say back. Before I could think of a response, he grabs my wrist and pulls me toward the dark throne.

"Darling, what's your name?"

 "U-um...I am Kaaya." He growls softly a bit. "Kaaya..." I am very uncomfortable right now. 

Who the heck is this guy and what does he want from me? 

"Who are you?" I say barely audible. Curse my shy personality. 

"I am your mate, darling. Do you know what that is?" Is this guy ok?

 "Isn't that things that wolves have?" 

"Yes. But other inhuman creatures like me have them too." 

I nod. I take a look around me. Dark and twisted looking tree branches surround me. It looks like it could be straight out of a horror movie. I heard someone clear their throat and meet Aakil's glowing, red eyes. Out of instinct, I take a step back. He growls loudly. Why does he keep growling? 

"A mate is kind of a soulmate, somewhere who stays with you forever. It's very intimate." Is he implying something?

 "So you are my mate?" I say, a little bewildered. 

"Yes, and you're mine." He says as though it makes complete sense. 

Suddenly, we hear crash coming from one of the other rooms, no holes?

Aakil grabs my wrist and follows the noise. I look around and see a little boy who looks just like Aakil around 7 or 8 years old. He has some sort of wood trash bin stuck on top of his head. He is freaking cute! 

"Jay! What are you doing?" Aakil scolds him in a furious voice. I back up a bit, but my wrist is still caught in his hand. Thankfully, he doesn't growl again. 

"I will kick out of the house again! Why must you always trouble me?!" Aakil voices shakes with fury. God, what's his problem. The kid is just being a kid. 

"Darling, I will be right back after I get something. Stay here." His demeanor changed from furious to gentle and strict in such a short amount of time that I get shocked. Aakil leaves me alone with the kid named Jay.