Part 23

I wake up and I am Aakil's bed. I suddenly have this urge to call my parents who are currently on vacation. Fortunately, my sister is having an extended sleepover with her friends. I had a bad dream of my parents dying while I am here in these woods. I look around and see my phone sitting on the bedside stand and dial my parent's number. 

"Hi Kaaya. Did you need something?" I hear the calming voice of my mom on the phone and I instantly relax. 

"No mom. You and dad are ok right?" I ask. 

"Yeah, we are fine. Now could our overprotective daughter please just let us enjoy our cruise?" She asks with humor in her voice. 

I laugh. "Of course, mom. But, please be safe and mak-" 

"Got it! Gotta go, bye!!" I sigh. What was I even worried about, they seem absolutely fine. 

I get off the bed and start to walk out the bedroom, but I bump into a hard chest. I look up and see Aakil staring at me with an intense look. 

"Kaaya, where were you going?" 

"I was looking for you, Aakil. Is there something wrong?" 

"No, I don't want you to do anywhere all by yourself. It's dangerous and anyone could take you, but you're mine." 

I nod to show that I understand. He smiles. 

"Anyway, mate, what is that you wanted to do today?" He asks casually as if he never had an intimidating demeanor just seconds before. 

"Um. Could we watch a show?" I ask. 

"Of course! I will go set up the movie room while you get ready." 

He leans down to kiss me on my lips, but I turn away, making him kiss my cheek instead. I don't know why I did that. I love him, right? Obviously, turning my head wasn't the brightest choice as I am pinned against the wall right now, wrists trapped. 

"Mate..." A deeper voice says. And Aniket is back. "Why the f*ck did you do run away!? You're mine, I can kiss you anytime, anywhere. Got it!?!" 

His voice scared me. I never had anyone yell that loud at me. Before I know it, I am tearing up. Damn my weak self! Tears, go back in...

Aniket notices this and he punches the wall near me. This scares me. He is scaring me now. I sink down to the ground with my head buried in my arms. Before I know it, he sinks down to my level and I look at him. He runs his hands through his hair and looks stressed. 

"Mate, I am so f*cking sorry. I am just so angry at myself for not being able to protect you." Aniket tells me, somewhat apologetic, somewhat angry. 

"I-i...don't..." I say,  flustered. 

"Mate. I love you. Know that. I won't ever make you sad or hurt you. I promise." Aniket said his words so earnestly that I has no choice, but to nod. I mean, its just a misunderstanding. 

"Ok, now that we got that over with. I am gonna let Aakil take control since I feel like he will be more gentle." He closes his eyes and opens them again. 

"Mate. I am sorry I hurt you like that. You can pick the 1st episode of whatever we are watching, but I get to pick the next. Deal?" 

I let out a small smile, still a bit shook. "Ok, deal." 

We go down, more like Aakil carries me all the way down to the movie room, despite my insisting on just walking. We sit two comfy movie theater styled seats and he puts on netflix. I think for a moment and type in "Strong Girl Bong-Soon." (A/N seriously, watch the kdrama) Aakil's a bit confused since its in Korean, but I insist its really good. I start the first episode and Aakil grabs my hand. 

When the parts with Min-Hyuk come on, I can't help but fangirl a bit. I let out a giggle when he did something funny and Aakil gets angry. He wraps a hand around my waist and pulls me on his laps. I let out a little yelp. 

"W-what are you doing?" I ask, shocked. 

"I am loving you mate. Mate, if you look at him one more time, I will hunt him down and kill him." He says all serious. 

I giggle nervously, hoping to God he's kidding. We go back to watching the episode. Aakil seems more focused on watching me than the kdrama. I clear my throat once the episode finishes. 

"Ok, your turn. Hope you liked it." I say. He just nods and gently takes the remote away from my hands and changes to a some show with a lot of bloodshed. I notice when those scenes come on, bloodlust builds up in his eyes. I don't know what to say or think. All I know is that Aakil changed somehow. 

I try to get up to see if he still knew I was there. He didn't let me. His grip on my waist tightened and he kissed my jawline as he continued to watch the bloodshed in front of him. 

This isn't Aakil at all. If this isn't him, then whose arms am I in right now?