Part 27

It's around 9:00 A.M. by the time I wake up. Aakil is still sleeping. Leave to him to oversleep on his own birthday. I try to get out of his arms so I can get everything ready. Somehow, I manage to sneak out of his arms without waking him work. He must have been really stressed yesterday. It's only fair for him to relax now. 

I finish up all my morning chores and decide to get dressed. Today, I decide to wear something casual and pretty, at least for now. Later, I will change into more formal clothes for the party. I wear a simple light blue sundress with black roses on it and put my hair into a bun. 

I go downstairs to pancakes for both of us. I set up the table with our food and go upstairs to wake Aakil up. I shake him awake and he looks so adorably confused with his ruffled hair and sleepy eyes. I drag his arm to wake him up, but he's too strong so he pulls me down and wraps his arm around me.

"Wake up! And happy birthday!! But, still, come on! It's almost like 10 now!" I tell him. 

He just groans and then smiles to himself. "Since, it's my birthday, can you give me a kiss every time I ask for one?" I sigh and roll my eyes. "Only if you wake up..." I reply teasingly. 

He points to his lips and I am about to kiss him, but then I push him back. I pretend to hold my nose. 

"Ew. You have morning monster breath." I say that quickly and run away before his tentacles grab me. Yikes, he's probably angry now. 

Aakil's POV 

I wake up to someone yelling at me to wake up and wishing me a happy birthday. I am about to tell them to f#$& off, but then I realize, it's only my mate, Kaaya. I groan and smile to myself. She's so cute when she's annoyed. 

 It's practically a dream to see her when I wake up, specially on my birthday. Yes, I know, I have low expectations about my birthday. But, you can't blame me. I never met my parents you see. As for my younger siblings, they just kinda found their way to me as children. So I had a child me taking care for a young toddler and baby, Drika and Jay. I managed to become king of the forest through the fact that me and siblings were different from everyone else. We had tentacles and horns, we were abominable. Not to mention our inner monsters.  Anyway, that's why I have low expectations for my birthday.

But, I am not telling that to Kaaya yet. Maybe after we are married, that's right, we are definately going to marry. I am not letting anyone else near her.  I am happier more than ever with Kaaya next to me and I am not going to let anyone take her away from me. 

I decide to make a deal with her. "Since, it's my birthday, can you give me a kiss every time I ask for one?" I try to give my best innocent smile, but she just sighs and rolls her eyes. " "Only if you wake up..." She replies teasingly. Oh, I see where this is going. 

I point to my lips, indicating that I am ready. I see her coming closer, but then I don't feel anything. I open my eyes and feel her push me back on the bed. My eyes darken, me and Aniket demand respect, we don't like being lied to. 

"Ew. You have morning monster breath." She replies and bolts out of the room. That's it, I am annoyed now. And I plan to punish my mate for making me feel like. My eyes darken and Aniket takes over. One, to see his mate on his birthday. Two, to teach what happens when you disobey a monster. 

Kaaya POV 

I could feel my heart thumping. Oof. I think Aniket's out. Oh no, I shudder at what he's going to do to me. I sit at the table, hoping that he forgot the last couple of minutes. Surprisingly, 5 minutes have passed and he's still not here. Maybe I could sneak out...I reach for the door knob and someone's hand lands on top of mine, trapping me.