Part 35

Ok. So....thank you for 11k reads!! I didn't expect my story to get that many reads!! I hope you continue to read this story... 

______________________________________________

I decide to start off looking for places that hire. This town, Woodstown, really weird. Everywhere I go, people start looking at me strangely. It's probably because there aren't that many humans here or they know that I am the King of the Wood's mate. I just ignore them. Anyway, I have been getting weird looks my whole life. I flinch internally at the painful memories. 

After walking for several minutes, I reach a small little bakery with the words 'help needed' on it. I walk in and a small, plump lady greets me. 

"Hello there! I assume you are here for a job...?" She asks me kindly. 

"Yes...ma'am." I reply back. 

"Oh no need for that sweetie! You may call me Liz! And you are...?" She asks me excitedly. 

"Um I am Kaaya. It's nice to meet you Liz." I reply back awkwardly, scratching my neck. Don't judge me. Making conversation has never been my best skill. 

"Ok then. For the job, follow me to the back please." She replies back normally, unaffected by awkwardness. Thank goodness. 

I follow her to the back where she shows me the different types of cakes and other baked goods she makes. Liz told me that it was always tiring for her to make the goods and then sell them herself as she didn't have help so far. I smile at her politely. 

"So you could be in charge of the selling and I will be in charge of the baking. Sound good?" Liz asks me. 

I nod politely. I am about to ask her about the pay, but she starts speaking again. 

"So about the pay...I don't really much to give you. How about...every time we make a week's worth of sales, we split the money 50 - 50?" Liz asks me. 

"That sounds great. Thank you so much! When do I start working?" I ask her eagerly. 

"How about tomorrow?" 

"Sounds good." And with that, I got a job! 

Aakil POV 

One Mississippi. Two Mississippi. Three Mississippi. Ok, I can't do this anymore. I am bored. I can't believe I am saying this, but I miss Kaaya's annoying presence. At least, she was somewhat entertaining. Right now, there is this annoying b*tch who keeps coming at me. I try to tune myself back to her one-sided conversation. 

"Baby, you know I could take care of you right? In more ways than one?" I cringe in disgust. I don't know why I feel disgusted. It just doesn't feel right. I don't even know her name, but this b*tch keeps  trying to touch me. I smack her hand away and she runs away with tears in her eyes. I roll my eyes. For some reason, when Kaaya tried to touch me, I didn't feel disgusted, but I felt some emotion. Why do my thoughts keep leading back to her?

Anyway, thinking about Kaaya reminded me of another issue - Rehan. I still didn't forget what his intentions were. He wanted Kaaya and like hell I was gonna let him have her. Just the though of his hands touching what's mine sends a growl out of my throat. What the hell? Did I just growl because of Kaaya? 

Suddenly, I remember the times that I growled previously because of her. Most of the memories being of her ex-boyfriend, Zain. I wish I could bring the dude back to life and strangle him once again. With that, I start feeling possessive again. I immediately take my phone and text Kaaya to get back to my hospital room. Am I actually becoming possessive over her? The question though is why...

Kaaya POV 

After I got my job, I realized that I still had the rest of today to spend. I groan in annoyance. What am I supposed to do now?  I barely have any friends and I don't even consider Tarit and Tara as friends. I feel too bad for Drika and Jay, Aakil's siblings, because they already seem stressed out with Aakil. And Aakil is....well not himself. 

I hear a ding in pocket and am kinda startled as no one really texts me. Wow, I am a sad person. Anyway, I take out my phone and check who texted me. Oh, it's just Aakil...Aakil?! 

I open up the text. 

Kaaya. There's an emergency. Come to the hospital now. 

After get rid of my shock, I run to the hospital, fearing the worst. What if something went wrong? Did something stop working? Is he going to die? 

The mere thought of his death sends my into a frenzy as I will my legs to go faster. 

Aakil POV 

I put on my best 'i don't care' face and wait anxiously for the door to open. I start getting impatient when the door is flung open. Kaaya rushes to my bedside, panting. 

"Aakil! Are you okay? Did something happen? What the emergency?" She starts spewing out questions before I could even say anything. 

"I, uh, am being released from the hospital tomorrow." It was hard not to smile at her and make voice sound tough. 

At first, Kaaya looked confused and then a grin broke out on her face. Before I know it, she is hugging me really hard. Thankfully, I am not a human or I probably would have broken my ribs again. Trying not to actually touch, I make my tentacles hover around her back for a seconds, not actually touching her. After 5 seconds, though I wish it were longer, I pull away and pretend to cringe in disgust. 

"Didn't I tell you not to touch me?!" I may have sounded harsher than I meant to because Kaaya's face contorted into deep hurt. She took a couple steps backward away from me. I felt guilt first and then possessiveness course through me. Instinctively, I growl at her moving away from me. My tentacles reach up and grab her wrist. Kaaya gasps, eyes widened. 

I start thinking logically again and push her away from me. This is all her fault. She keeps doing this to me! Making me feel things I don't want to feel! Can she just f*ck off!? Annoying b*t-

Suddenly, her soft voice brings me back to reality. Has she always looked so beautiful? I shake my head. What the hell is happening to me? 

"Aakil, if you are really bothered by my presence, I can leave. You never have to see me again." 

Wait. What?!?! 

Kaaya POV 

"Aakil, if you are really bothered by my presence, I can leave. You never have to see me again." I try to say without tearing up, but my eyes betray me. I look back at Aakil. His face is as emotionless as usual. Doesn't he ever feel anything? 

He doesn't reply and am about to walk away when Aakil's voice makes me turn around. 

"No. You will not leave. You will assist me after I get out of the hospital tomorrow." His commanding, kingly voice makes me raise my eyebrows. Is he actually forcing me to do something. I am about tell him off, but the next word he says makes me forgive his tone. 

                          "Please."