Part 38

Hi! Sorry for the late update! Thank you for being patient. BTW: Please stay safe from the corona virus!! 

______________________________________

Kaaya POV

Aakil and I were sitting and talking about the future when the door suddenly slammed opened.   Tara and Tarit came running in with excited looks on their faces. I didn't mean to, but I internally cringe. I never liked them really much- they always seemed so suspicious to me. Aakil looked them curiously, a little annoyed at them for interrupting our talk.

"Tarit, Tara. What do you guys want?" Aakil, asked them with a tense tone. I feel like Aakil talks so harshly to everyone except his mate and his family. I will have to help him ease up around people more in the future. I smile softly at the thought of Aakil and I together in the future.  

"My King, Kaaya. I hav-" Tara is interrupted by Aakil's growling. "Kaaya, my queen." I can see Tara trying not to roll her eyes and I try to stifle my giggles. "Kaaya, my QUEEN.  I have news to tell you about Tarit and I.  We are planning to get married soon." She looks at us, pausing for our reaction. 

I smile at Tara. Even though we might not be the best of friends, I am still happy that she decided to spend the rest of her life with the one she loves. I look over to Aakil to see his reaction. His eyes widen. 

"You guys want to get married?" He asks slowly. I suppose it must be hard for him to see two of his friends get married to each other. 

They both nod excitedly. Aakil then bursts out a smile. "I have been waiting for you guys to get married for the longest time! Finally, you two lovebirds take it to the next level!" The sudden outburst from Aakil made me raise my eyebrows in shock. "Let's get this wedding started!" 

____________________________________________

After a couple of weeks of planning and setting up, Tarit and Tara were set to get married. They wanted to get married ASAP so we had to plan everything quickly. They actually wanted a private wedding with just friends and family so we spent the past fews arranging everything. It is kind of sweet that they wanted a private wedding. I kind of expected Tara to go all big on everything, but I guess I judged her wrong. I wonder how a "monster" type of wedding is going to be. I have only ever been to human weddings. 

You know the worst thing about having a monster mate and monster friends is that we can't mingle normally with the other humans. Don't get me wrong, I still love all of them. But, with their tentacles otherworldliness look in general, Aakil, Drika, and Jay, the monster siblings, are bound to get looks or you know, become science experiments. Yeah, definitely no big deal. Tara and Tarit are other animal shifters, but I never saw them shift. At least they look more human than Aakil and his family. I kind of miss living with humans and that makes me question when the last time I saw a real human was. I will have to talk to Aakil to let visit "human society" so I don't forget how to become one. Anyway, back to the wedding. 

Currently, we are watching the bride and groom say their vows and put their rings on each other. They finally kiss and we all applaud. The wedding is taking place outside in some random place in the forest. Tara and Tarit said they wanted this setting because it seemed serene and calm and I would have to agree. There are no more 10 people here right now. Me, Aakil, Drika, Jay, and some other of Tara and Tarit's friends- all of them monster of course. 

After the wedding, everyone went to relax while Tara and Tarit went to their room to do...stuff. Aakil and I are just walking around the forest, enjoying the cool breeze against our skin. As we are walking, I feel a frown take over my face at the thought to being the only human. I don't mean to seem selfish, but I kind of miss being with my own species sometimes too. The other types of animal-people types tend to give me dirty looks sometimes at being the King of the Wood's mate. I don't think everyone appreciates it. As I continue to think about this, Aakil pins me against a tree and looks at me intensely. 

"Mate. What's wrong?" He asks darkly, seeming to have murderous thoughts at whatever is troubling me. 

"Um it's nothing, Aakil." I blush at our position. Sometimes it's cute how dominating Aakil is, but sometimes it can get annoying too. 

Aakil punches the tree next me and I gasp. "TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG." Why is he shouting at me? I am little frightened at this point and I just want to go to sleep. 

The hurt on my face must have shown because Aakil then gently caresses my face, tracing my jawline. "I am sorry, Kaaya. I just love you so much. I don't want to see you unhappy. We have been through so much that I will killing everything for you and I will." He tells me seriously. I am happy that he apologized, but I feel like I will have to keep him in check so he doesn't actually kill anyone. 

"Aakil, it's just that I miss human life. I don't mean to judge your world, but I don't want to stop being human. I want to socialize with other humans and acknowledge my human self. Plus, I think that some of subjects living around Woodstown hate me because of my species. I also have to think about my future too." I tell Aakil everything truthfully because I know he will understand.

"Kaaya. I am sorry you feel this way. I am not sure I want you to go to human society by yourself because someone like Zain or Rehan might take you. You can get into an accident like before. Or one of my enemies could get to you too.  I will try to think of something so you could get your wish my dear mate. As for your future, how about you continue working in that baking shop for now and we can see if can find other jobs in human society as well."

"Thank you so much Aakil." I wrap my arms around his large frame, while he wraps his arms around me as well even though I am still pinned to the tree. "Anything for you my mate." He murmurs against my hair.  "I love you." 

"I love you too." I responded and he kissed me. This time he didn't stop there. 

We spent the rest of night together enjoying ourselves (in that way)....

I love him so much. 

(A/N: Yeah...so that happened. I don't really write that kinda stuff..sorry to disappoint :/ )