Part 34

Kaaya POV 

I just in some sketchy-looking hotel, but at this point I don't care. I walk in a see a TV with a crack on it, a questionable bed, and stained carpets. I sigh. At least it's something. I would've stayed at the cabin, but it's way too far and the hospital won't let me there unless the patient wants me to. Obviously, I can't stay there. 

Today has been a long and stressful day. I already have so much on plate to worry about. I hope everything gets better soon. With that in mind, I hit the lights and fall on the bed, drifting off. 

The next day, I wake up and my first thought is to go to the hospital, but I restrain myself. What's the point of going to see someone if they hate and are probably going to yell at you?  For a moment, I thought of asking Tara and Tarit if they wanted to hang out or something. Nah. They probably don't even like me much. I cross them off my list. Drika and Jay? No, I can't bother them. They are probably really stressed about their brother already. My family seems busy as well. That's when I realize, I am an incredibly boring person. What the heck am I even doing in my life? 

As a young child, I have always wanted to make a difference in our world for the better. Cheesy...I know. I am just an ordinary person. But, now I am an ordinary person with connections. Connections with animal-like people. I wonder how people are going to react when they see these them. Probably with fear and hatred. I hope one day Aakil and the people of the woods could live as one with the humans. That is also one of the reasons of the many reasons why I want to be with Aakil. Not only do I love him, but he could me achieve something. 

Sadly, that is not going to be happening any time soon. I decide that I should start off by getting off the bed. I almost slide off. Oof. The struggles are real. I have literally been lying in bed for an hour and thinking about life. I look the possibly broken clock and read the time. 2:49 A.M. Yep. It's broken. I take out my phone and realize it's almost 11! Damn! I get up and start my morning chores hurriedly. Once I am done, I head out the hotel. Wait a second. Where am I even going? 

After 1 minute of awkward standing and contemplating, I decide to walk around Woodstown, the so not obvious name of this town surround by the woods. 

Aakil POV 

She didn't come. It almost noon and she didn't come. I don't care, but I feel a little annoyed. I believe it's just my ego, even though I feel a twisting sensation in my heart. I am almost healed from the hospital. I will only have to stay here for at most 2 days. I stretch out my tentacles a bit. It's tough being a monster with extra limbs. 

I try to nap and sleep, but my mind keeps drifting off to Kaaya.  I feel something inside me change and before I know it, I am not in control of myself anymore. 

Aniket POV 

I F*CKING WANT MY MATE, KAAYA. This b*stard Aakil lost his memories, but I didn't lose mine. She is the most important person to me. Those random twinges of sadness mean something Aakil! This idiot. I feel like tearing down this whole d*mn hospital. No, whole d*mn town to find her. Although, Aakil and I are supposed to be one, he still has the most control. I can only come out if he expresses extreme emotions like extreme sadness or anger. Now, I am the one angry. I want my mate! 

That a**hole, Rehan, might be after her. Aakil doesn't have enough will do anything so I decide that I have to save her. I have in aching with sadness since the accident for mate. Unfortunately, our body is still too weak from the accident to do much. Along with the absence of our mate, we feel 10 times as weak physically. I decide to contact Tara and Tarit to keep watch on Kaaya. Even though, they can really rude at times, as their king, they are obliged to serve me. Oh and I guess one could say they are friends of mine. Anyway, I text them to watch over Kaaya, but not disturb as my mate didn't seem to be all to comfortable when she came yesterday with them. 

As I think of my mate, I get angrier and angrier. I WANT HER NOW!!!! I feel Aakil inside me try to control as he calms down from his sadness. To prevent me from hurting anyone...or even killing them...

Aakil POV 

I don't know what happened with Aniket. He's been hiding inside of me for so long, but now he came out. I know Aniket is angry with me for something, but I can't figure it out. It's kinda like I am angry at myself. Why can't I figure it out?? What the heck does Kaaya have to with me??? 

Tarit POV 

"Tara, baby..he texted us again to check up on her..." I tell my girlfriend and mate again. She scoffs. 

"Of course. That Aakil is so selfish. He doesn't care about his oh so precious subjects and forces them to slave away for him." She rolls her eyes as she says. Even as she rolls her eyes, she looks absolutely beautiful. 

"Yeah. You're absolutely right." I am mesmerized by her. She gives me a quick kiss on the lips and I melt. She smirks at me. Tara, my mate, is the only one who I am not cold to. I am like complete putty in her arms. 

"Tarit, babe. Won't you love it if we could become the king and queen instead of that b*stard Aakil and that b*tch Kaaya?" She tells me sweetly and I nod, agreeing. 

For Tara, I would bring the whole world down. If she wants to be queen, I will get it for her. With that, she pushes me down on the sofa that we were sitting down and kisses me. 

Kaaya POV 

I have been sitting in the library for a couple hours now, just reading. I sigh. I decide to go out and walk more to exercise my legs. As I am walking, I feel eyes watching me. I know it sounds cliché, but I actually feel like someone is stalking me. I decide to head back to library before I actually get kidnapped or something. I swear if it is some psycho guy again, I am going to lose it. I already have a sweet, but psycho (lol) mate and I met people like Zain and Rehan in the past. By the way, why the heck is so cold in here? It seems like a cold breeze must have come inside of the library when I opened the door. 

Rehan POV 

I giggle as I watch my beloved. How is she dang cute just walking? I have been watching her since she arrived at the hotel. Sadly, I can't continue to follow her because I have duties to attend to as the King of the Dead and everything. Instead I send some of my souls to look after her. Or as the humans call them, ghosts. I give my Kaaya one last loving smile before I disappear. 

Tara POV 

Pfft. I am not watching that baby of a b*tch. Honestly, she doesn't even deserve to be queen. That idiot Aakil is way too soft for his good. My mate and I should get the throne because at least we could rule properly without getting random things like kindness getting in the way. All I have to do is convince my lover and mate, Tarit, to listen me. That part should be quite easy. Don't get me wrong, I love Tarit and all, but I care about myself too. I want to achieve and be powerful in life....is that too much to ask for? 

With that I start planning...

Kaaya POV 

Why is so cold in here? Ok forget it, whatever. I have been sitting in the library literally all day. There is nothing exciting going on! I am so bored. Ok, you know what? Time to get off my lazy a** and find a job or something.