Part 13

The next day I woke up and found my parents gone. My sister, Zaverii, tells me that they took a walk in the forest. I am so tired. I look down, I realize that someone changed my clothes. I am wearing warm leggings and a t-shirt. How did that happen? Oh right! In my sleepy state, Aakil asked Drika to help change me into comfortable clothes. I tell Zaverii to go to sleep as she is only 12 years old and she needs her sleep. After telling her, I fall down on the bed and fall into a deep sleep.

The next morning, I wake up very late in the morning. Zaverii walked in eating an apple. 

"Kaaya, have you seen our parents? Did they even come home?"

 What? They didn't come home? "No, I didn't." Suddenly the door slams open and my parents walk in. 

"Kaaya, we found your friend at the airport. He kept insisting to come." Zain walked in behind my parents. Yeah, my "friend". They still don't know that I have a boyfriend. 

"Hi Zain." I try to restrain myself from hugging him.

 "Mom. Dad. We are going out to talk for a bit." They just nodded. I took Zain outside. 

"Zain, what the heck are you doing here?" I asked. He hugged me, I tried to push him back, but he was too strong. 

This is what I didn't like about him - he always forced himself on me when I just needed space. Abruptly, the trees fell around us and lightning appeared in the sky?

"MaTe!!!!! mInE!" I turned toward the voice and saw Aakil glaring daggers at Zain. 

I never saw Aakil this angry before. He was actually going crazy! The sky darkened and lightning struck right near us. I screamed and latched onto Zain. Aakil roared. 

"Aakil. Looks I finally have your little mate." Zain told Aakil calmly. Wait. What? Zain knew Aakil? Aakil's eyes widened and now he was even more furious. His eyes were black and if I didn't know him, I am pretty sure he would kill me. Zain looked down at me and I looked at him in disgust. 

"Get away from me, Zain." I told him strictly. I tried pushing him away. He didn't let go. 

Well, looks like Aniket is gonna come back.