Chapter 30

Soo good morning! It's 6:30 and I am tired as hell but that's school. I already have ten lessons today - kill me.

Today it's mattsdesire birthday soo this chapter is dedicated to her and luckily it's a special chapter HAHA. So happy birthday baby ❤️

also thank you for 5.000 readers!❤️
_____________________

Alexander POV

We sat at the table and ate breakfast together with my brothers and sisters. It was just 10 o'clock in the morning and my parents left home early. They are rarely at home, but we were used to that anyway. I don't say they were bad parents because they weren't. They worked hard for us we all appreciate that very much.

Even today I had a plan. Magnus doesn't know what we are up to this week because I wanted it to be a surprise and I hoped he would be satisfied.

"So Magnus, how is life if you have to earn your own money?" Jace asked, making a big bite of his bread roll. Magnus shrugged his shoulders.

"Good, you feel good when you're rewarded for what you do." he answered. "Besides, you can say that it's your own money and not your parents'." he added.

"Do you earn a lot of money?" Izzy asked now.

"Well, I wouldn't necessarily say I'm poor, but I'm not rich either." he said. Izzy nodded and returned to her food.

"What are your plans for today?" Jace asked and Magnus smiled at me. I know he's pretty curious, because he keeps asking me what we do today.

"That should be a surprise." I replied stubbornly. Magnus pouted and finished eating. I also took my last bite and then gathered the plates to put them in the dishwasher. Magnus also got up to help me. After we had finished cleaning, we decided to make our way. I took the key with me and we went to the subway.

"I like your siblings." Magnus stated. I looked to him and smiled at him. I don't know why, but it was important to me that he likes them and that my siblings like him.

"I think they like you too." I answered and now he smiled too. "I think you have this charisma where everyone just has to like you." I admitted and he laughed.

"They seem to be very protective of you, even if you're the older one." he said and I looked at him in confusion. I had never paid attention to it, because I usually protect them very much.

"I don't know, I never paid any attention to it." I admitted. "I'm the big brother and so I have responsibilities, I could never let anything happen to them, but now that I think about it, we would always protect each other." I explained and Magnus nodded.

"There are not many siblings who get along so well. How come?" he asked. That was a good question.

"It has always been like that. When Izzy was born, I knew I needed to protect her. I loved her right away." I admitted. Magnus smiled.

"You are a great person, Alexander." he said smiling. I blushed again, so I quickly turned my eyes away. How does he always do that?

We arrived at the subway and immediately got into the next one. We drove a few stops until we arrived. We got out and walked up the stairs. I went with Magnus to a bus station and he looked around in confusion.

"What are we doing here now?" he asked and I pointed to a bus that was coming towards us.

"We're going on a bus tour now, so you see a lot of New York." I said, reaching out my hand. He smiled and put his hand in mine. Together we got in and sat upstairs. Magnus looked around in surprise.

"That is so cool." he said as the bus drove off. I grinned at him. Of course I let him sit inside, as it is much cooler. "Thank you for doing this." he said and I nodded, grinning.

He smiled at me and then leaned against me. Hesitantly and uncertainly, I put my hand around his shoulder. I didn't know if he would shake me off, but fortunately he said nothing but put his hand on mine. He didn't look at me, but looked at the surroundings. It felt so strange. I thought the butterflies in my belly would be nonsense, but it was true. It felt like thousands of butterflies were flying in my belly. It was a nice feeling.

We spent the whole day outside until it was dark. We ate in a nice restaurant and talked about a variety of things as usual.

By now it was 10 o'clock in the evening and the sun had already set. Magnus and I ran side by side because I was just taking him to another point on the list. For a few minutes we stood by the Brooklyn Bridge which was well lit. Magnus marveled.

"Wow..." was all he brought out. I laughed softly and we walked slowly on.

"It's not very crowded walking here at night, but it's beautiful. I thought you might like it." I explained. Magnus gave me a big smile. He took my hand and I didn't resist.

"I love it, Alexander." he said. I nodded smiling and we kept walking. That was so much better than talking on the phone or writing. He was really here. Here next to me. I can take his hand, I can watch him and I can talk to him whenever I want. It's even better than I imagined.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Magnus said, breaking my thoughts. I looked to him and smiled.

"I somehow can't believe you're here." I admitted. Magnus chuckled softly and stroked his thumb over the back of my hand.

"Neither do I." he answered with a smile. "Imagine this Julia wouldn't have given me a wrong number, we would never have met." he said. He is right.

"But you'd have a pretty blonde girl by your side." I answered laughing. Magnus rolled his eyes and we stopped in the middle of the bridge.

"For that, I have a strong, big, and damn good-looking man next to me." he said. I smiled and I was sure that I was blushing again. "And I'm in New York, I mean hello? What more could I want?" he asked and I laughed.

We just stood there and smiled at each other. I noticed that he looked at my lips and then back into my eyes. Slowly I approached. I was nervous. What if he blocks again like the last time? That would be embarrassing. But he didn't block, but also approached me, until his soft lips lay on mine.

I felt it in my whole body. My heart was racing and inside I felt fireworks. Now I knew, I'm in love. I'm in freaking love with Magnus Bane. I put my hands on his hip to pull him closer. We moved our lips against each other and it seemed like this kiss would never end. I felt Magnus's hand on my cheek. He was tender.

As our lips parted, we just looked at each other breathlessly. None of us said anything and it seemed embarrassing until Magnus started to smile.

"That was.." he began.

"Breathtaking." I finished. Magnus smiled and nodded. He reached for my hand and I took his. Maybe Magnus feels just like me. Together we walked along the bridge, to my home.