Chapter 38

Hey. My chapters are getting less and less and I have zero time to write. There are problems in my private life so I can't find the time to write. I will try my best to write at night tho. I am right now sitting in the train and a weird guy keeps looking at me - I felt like sharing this with you hahaha.
Baiii <3
________________

Alexander POV

We all stood in the lobby of the hotel. We had to go to town together today. Well, actually that was the wish of the girls and so Mr. Garroway and Mrs. Fairchild said yes. It did not seem like we had a concrete plan for those three days. I didn't care what we did, the main thing it distracts me a little.

We started to walk because the city was not far from our hotel. It was warm, rather hot, so I wore a short T-shirt and shorts. I walked alone until Lydia stood next to me.

"Hey, Alec, I'm pretty sure we can walk around in pairs or with several people, do we want to walk around together?" she asked. Actually, I would rather have stayed alone, but we were not allowed to, because that would be too dangerous. After all, the teachers have the responsibility.

"Um, sure." I answered curtly. She clapped her hands in delight. I just hoped that she does not want to buy too many things, otherwise I'll have to carry her bags in the end. Oh god, I hate shopping. How can women, or Magnus, find this funny or great? I'll never get that.

We walked a while until we really arrived in the city. Many people walked around and you could hear music. It looked nice and I liked it. I wondered why Magnus thought New York was nicer than Florida. I shook the thoughts out of my head. Stop thinking about Magnus, Alec!

Lydia also seemed to like it. She looked around in astonishment. Mr. Garroway explained that from now on we have three hours to look around or buy something. Three hours. That is long. Three hours alone with Lydia. Oh God.

After the teacher had told us where the meeting place is after three hours, Lydia and I went off. I wondered why we could not take someone else with us. Then I wouldn't have to talk to her that much. Although you can never call that talking, because she talks and I listen.

We went to a store that was equipped with many different things. There was really everything. For what to walk around in the city if you find everything you need in one shop. Nevertheless, I am sure that this will not be our only shop.

There was a lot of crowding because the store was overcrowded. I felt restricted, but Lydia did not seem to mind because she looked around comfortably. I tried to follow her, but most of the time I'm being jostled by someone. I hoped it wasn't like that everywhere.

After Lydia was done here and as expected bought nothing, we left the business again. I hate people. We went out on the street and here was it much more pleasant. There were still many people, but at least there was room to breathe.

We went to the nearest shop and there was plenty of room here. Didn't seem to be so popular. Lydia looked around and I did too. There was nothing that really appealed to me, but it was better than just standing around.

"Alec Lightwood, that was your name, right?" said a female voice behind me. Startled, I turned around and there stood a young slim woman. She had long black hair and red lips. She wore a tight red dress and black high heels. I have never seen her before.

"And you're?" I asked in confusion. She grinned but she did not grin friendly. Rather devilish. I didn't like that. She reached out her hand.

"Camille Belcourt, I'm sure you've heard my name before." she said. Camille. I refused to shake her hand. I felt this anger in me when I looked at her.

"Magnus's ex-girlfriend, the one who cheated on him." I said and she laughed fake. She pulled her hand back and crossed her arms. I could not believe that I had this conversation right now.

"The only true one, but I see Magnus is not an angel as well. After all, he just left you behind." She said. I got madder, but did not let it show me. I did not want her to influence me. "What are you doing here, you live in New York." she asked.

"Magnus didn't leave me behind." I let her know. "And I'm here with my class, not that it's any of your business." I meant. At that moment, I realized that if Camille lives here, Magnus will too.

"But you feel more for him than he does for you. Do you know why he doesn't want you? Because he still wants me." she explained to me. I clenched my hands into fists, but my expression didn't change.

"I don't understand how you could just let someone like Magnus down, he's special and you should have been proud of having someone like him that loved you." I said. She laughed again. She came closer and pressed a finger on my chest.

„You really love him, don't you? You know, I think it was just up to you he didn't want you. I mean, you see, he has a new girlfriend, Dorothea is her name. Most likely a distraction from me, but he didn't even want you." she explained to me and it was like a slap in the face. I was sad and angry. So this girl from Instagram is his girlfriend, but to me he says he doesn't want a relationship.

"You think you're everything in his life, don't you? Do you know anything about him? Did he ever trust you with anything? Yes, Magnus loved you, more than anyone else, but you never could have given him love and trust At some point, Magnus will fall in love again and even if it's not me, I'm glad he's gotten away from you. " I said. She looked at me in surprise. Probably because she knows I was right.

I walked away from her and left her there. I was looking for Lydia, but instead of Lydia's I met Magnus' eyes. He stood at the entrance and watched me and Camille. Shit, what did he hear? He looked at me somehow sad and surprised.

"I'm done, we can go." someone said next to me. I averted my eyes from Magnus, and looked at Lydia who was standing next to me. I breathed in relief. I have never been so happy to see her. I nodded and walked out of the shop, past Magnus.