Chapter 37

Heyy! I am literally dying because of my headache. School is hitting hard like reaaallyyyy. It's a boring chapter so sorry <3
___________________

Alexander POV

It was Monday morning and I was straightening my hair. Today we fly to Florida and I did not feel like it. I have not talked to Magnus since last Thursday and that was good, at least I think. I miss him and it was nice to hear from him, but how could I get over him if we stay in touch? It only shows me what I can't have, but I would like to.

My packed suitcase was next to my mirror. I didn't take much with me, but some important things like a toothbrush or underwear. When my hair looked more or less good, I took my suitcase and left my room. I went to the kitchen, where my siblings were waiting for me. I had to leave earlier today than usual because we have to be early at the airport.

"I'm gonna go, then." I meant. Izzy jumped up and hugged me. I returned the hug.

"Take care of yourself." She said. I laughed softly. It was cute how she worried about me.

"It's only four days, Iz. Thursday night I'm back home." I said and she let me go. Now Jace hugged me and said goodbye. I took my suitcase and went outside. Lydia was so nice and picked me up so I didn't have to take the subway to the airport. She was already waiting in the parking lot. I put the suitcase in the trunk and then enter. She smiled at me and drove off.

"Doesn't this Magnus come from Florida?" she asked and my heart cramped when I heard his name. No one has said his name since he left. I just nodded. "Are you going to meet him?" she asked. I hope not, I thought, but didn't say it.

"Um, no, we have no contact at the moment." I answered and she looked surprised.

"Really? Why not? I thought you'd be like best friends." she asked. I swallowed. I wish we were only best friends, but we were more. Still too little for a relationship.

"It didn't seem to work, can we change the topic?" I asked. She was silent, but then nodded. So we talked only about the homework until we arrived.

We met with my class but we still had to wait a hour until we can get into the plane. Sighing and unmotivated I sat down on a chair.
I remembered when I was here to pick up Magnus. No, Alec. Stop thinking of Magnus.

To distract myself, I checked my phone. The first photo I saw already hit me hard.

magnusbane

 498 likes   13 comments

magnusbane: I met this woman four days ago, isn't she beautiful? Gotta repeat that! xoxo @dotrollins

comments:
camillebelcourt: I thought you're with this dark-haired guy?

catloss: I need to get to know her!

dotrollins: It was amazing! 😘❤️

Angry and sad at the same time I put my phone down. I was jealous and it was awful. I've never been jealous of anything or anyone but this.. it just hurt. He didn't miss me.

I went through my pictures to see if there is anything acceptable to post. If I want to make him jealous? Maybe, but I think that won't work anyways. Is it childish? Yes. Does it matter to me? No.

I found a picture with a guy called Meliorn. He is in my school, but he is one year younger than me. We don't really talk that often but who cares? I posted it, without thinking, and after a while some people already liked and commented.

aleclightwood

79 likes    12 comments

79 likes 12 comments

aleclightwood: Classtrip without you? Where is the point, or the fun? @theonlymeliorn 🍍

comments:
izzylightwood: 😘❤️🤔

theycallmejace: Who's that guy?

theonlymeliorn: I was just asking the same thing. I guess..

jonathanmorgenstern: 😒😒

I put down my phone. Meliorn must think I'm stupid but that wasn't important right now. I grinned when I saw the latest notification.

magnusbane liked your post.

I kinda hoped he would be jealous, but I was pretty sure he wasn't. Why would he? He doesn't love me and probably doesn't even like me anymore. He forgot about me and I should do the same thing with him, but how? It feels like I could never get over Magnus even though we just kissed for about three times.

After some time, we got on the plane and flew to Florida. The flight did not take so long and when we arrived we gathered again in the main hall of the airport.

We were in Miami now and since Florida was big, the chance to meet Magnus was very small. Unfortunately, I never asked him exactly where he lives in Florida. When Mr. Garroway had counted all of us, we made our way to the hotel. We walked because the hotel wasn't very far away, but with suitcases and in this heat it was not pleasant.

We checked in and then waited for Mr. Garroway to read the rooms out loud. Of course, girls and boys were separated, so that no children arise. I was afraid that I would have to go to a room with Jonathan, but fortunately that was not the case.

I shared a room with Andrew and Sebastian. The two were actually quite nice, although I never really talked to them. I've never really talked to anyone in my class genre, except Lydia, and that's just because she doesn't leave me alone.

It's not that I don't like anyone, but I just like avoiding human contact. I sometimes wonder why I actually wrote Magnus back, because normally I would have just ignored it.

We went to our room and immediately dropped onto my bed. In an hour our first excursion would start, and at this time I have nothing to do.