Chapter 44

Hey! I'm really sorry I didn't upload for more than a week! It's been stressful and it will be even more stressful. I am so tired but I finished this chapter for you. Also a new story idea just came into my mind while writing this lmao.
Goodnight friends. <3
____________

Alexander POV

I sat at the table, while my mom was preparing dinner. Jace, Isabelle, Max and Dad weren't here yet. I mean they are here, but somewhere in the house. I was about to tell my parents that me and Magnus are a couple. Even though I know my mom will be happy for me - I was still really nervous. But telling my dad is even worse. Who knew what will happen at dinner.

„Are you okay, honey?" asked my mom and tore me out of my thoughts. I looked up and saw that she was smiling at me with a worried look. I nodded.

„Um, yeah. Why do you ask?" I asked and she shrugged. She put the plates on the table. I stood up to help her.

„I don't know, You were in deep thoughts so I guess something is bothering you." she said. I took a deep breath. Maybe I should tell my mom first.

„I met Magnus in Florida." I said. She stopped doing what she was doing and looked at me a little sadly.

„Oh no, what happened?" she asked. Of course she assumed that the meeting went bad. So did Izzy.

„Well, we talked." I said nervously. „He told me he loves me and now he kind of is my boyfriend." I told her. She looked surprised and started to smile. She came to me and hugged me tight.

„That's awesome! I am so happy that you finally found someone!" she said and I smiled a little. She let go of me.

„Thank you, but I don't know how to tell dad." I said. Her smile disappeared and she looked at me worried.

„Oh baby, I wish I could tell you how he will react but I don't know. No matter what I will defend you!" she said. I smiled and before I could thank her, my siblings and my dad came in. I immediately tensed.

„Hello, Alec. How was the school trip?" asked my dad. Oh yeah right, I didn't see him when I came home. He sat down and so did the others.

„It was great." I said. He only nodded. My mom put the food on the table and sat down as well. Everyone took something to eat and put it on their plate. It was quiet, really quiet - until I cleared my phone after a while.

„So dad, there is something I'd like to talk about." I said. He looked up with a serious expression. I didn't really like this face. It scared me when I was young.

„Go on, what is it?" he asked. I realized Izzy looking at me. I'm sure she knows what it's about. So did Jace, even though I didn't tell him.

„I met someone." I said. He looked at me surprised and put his fork down. „You know, someone I really like." I said. He nodded.

„So? Who is it? Is it Lydia?" he asked. I swallowed. I looked to my mom and she just nodded. No one was eating. Everyone was just looking at me. It made me even more nervous.

„No, it's not Lydia." I said a little anxious. „Dad, it's Magnus." I said with all the courage I had. As I said it I breathed out in relief. I said it. I told my dad.

He just looked at me. His expression didn't change and I didn't know what that means. Was it a good sign or a bad sign? I looked to my mom but she just looked at my dad.

„Okay." he said. I looked at him in surprise. Okay? That's not what I expected.

„Okay?" I asked and he nodded. „Okay like, it's okay but I don't love you anymore?" I asked confused. He shook his head. Even my siblings seemed to be confused.

„No, Alec. It's okay." he said. „You know, I had a feeling this would come. I may have been hard to you sometimes but after all you're my son and no matter what, I love you." he said with a little smile. I started to smile too.

I really didn't expect that. I always thought he is homophobic but I guess he wasn't. I sometimes thought he doesn't care about me, which was why I was happy right now. He does care about me.

We started talking and I told them the whole story with Magnus. Everyone was listening carefully and asked me a lot of questions. My mom even asked when he will be here the next time. Sadly I didn't have an answer for that.

After the dinner I helped my mom, cleaning the dishes and then went back to my room. It was already around 9 p.m. because we talked for a long time.

I laid down in my bed and took my phone. I dialed Magnus' number and waited for him to pick up.

„Hey." he said softly. I immediately smiled. I already missed his voice.

„Hey, I hope I'm not bothering you?" I asked. He laughed a little.

„You could never." he said and my smile grew.

„I told my parents." I admitted.

„Oh, how was it?" he asked. „Please tell me it went good." he said hopefully. I laughed.

„Yes it did. Even my dad accepted it." I admitted. „He told me that he loves me anyways even though he might have been strict sometimes." I told him with a big smile.

„That's awesome, Alexander!" he said and I could hear that he was smiling. I don't know why I could just tell that he was happy for me. „Now there is nothing in our way." he said and my smile disappeared. That wasn't completely true.

„Except the stupid distance." I said a little sadly. He sighed.

„No, don't be sad. That's not a problem for us. We can do this." he said. I sighed and put my phone on speaker so I could put my phone next to me.

„I know, I just wish you would be here." I said. I hated this.

„Me too." he said. „but we will meet again soon. I feel it." he tried to cheer me up.

„I love you." I told him with a smile and closed eyes.

„I love you too." he answered.