Chapter 47

Hello and welcome to the last chapter of 100 miles apart! I will upload an epilogue as well but not today. I cried while writing this because I miss Malec so bad :((
I hope you like it.
Also let me know what you think in the comments <3
_______________________

Alexander POV

Slowly and nervous I turned around. My heart was beating fast. Even though Izzy didn't tell what there was I knew it. I took a deep breath and opened my eyes. There he was. Magnus.

He was wearing a beautiful suit and of course he had Make-up on. The lights were shining in his face. He was the most beautiful man I've ever seen. It felt like my heart was about to explode. He smiled and so did I. I smiled so hard that it even hurt.

"Magnus..." I whispered but I saw him nodding.

I felt tears coming into my eyes. My feet started to walk. It was like they were dragging me to him without even doing it myself. He opened his arms and I ran into them. It felt like the first time we met but way better. I sniffled because now the there's we're streaming down my fears.

"I missed you so much." I sighed. He pulled me closer to him, even though we actually couldn't get any closer. I hid my face in his shoulder.

"I missed you too, baby." he said while stroking my hair. I let him go and looked into his eyes. He also had tears in his eyes but he didn't cry like me. I pulled him into a kiss. A passionate kiss.

People were probably looking at us but I didn't care. Magnus was all that matters. All I needed. I let go of his lips and smiled at him. So did he.

"What are you doing here?" I asked still confused. He grinned and put his hand on my cheek to wipe my tears away.

"I couldn't wait." he said. "Also, you didn't actually believe you could go to a prom without me, did you?" he said and I laughed.

"How could I?" I said. "How long will you stay here?" I asked. He even smiled brighter.

"How long would you want me to stay?" he asked. I grinned. He knew the answer.

"How about forever?" I asked jokingly. He grinned.

"I thought about that too." he answered. My smile disappeared but his didn't. What did he mean?

"Wait, I don't get it." I said confused. "What do you mean?" I asked. He put both of his hands on my cheek.

"I'm staying here, Alexander. I'm moving to New York." he said My jaw dropped. He was kidding, wasn't he? This can't be real.

„You're messing with me, aren't you?" I said. I just couldn't believe that. He shook his head. I smiled. „But how? What about your job or your friends, or your apartment?" I asked. He couldn't just left it all behind.

„That's why I was busy the last few weeks. I had to quit my job - search for a new one, search for a new apartment, telling my friends I'm gonna move." he explained. „It's all done." he added.

„That means you have been in New York before?" I asked. How could he have been here without telling me? If I would have been in Florida he would know because I couldn't stand to stay away from him.

„Yes, I've been here for four days and yes, it was hard to not show up at your apartment." he said. I smiled and pulled him again into a kiss. He wouldn't leave me again. I have him here with me now. Forever.

„I love you so much." I said after I released my lips. He smiled. His eyes were sparkling.

„I love you too, Alexander." he said. Suddenly we heard applause. We looked around and we realized that really everyone looked at us. I looked at Magnus and laughed.

„Do you want to dance?" he asked. Now I got nervous.

„You know I can't really dance and-„

„Trust me." he said. I took a deep breath and took his hand. Together we went to the dance floor and started to dance.

I think it wasn't even that bad. I just did what Magnus did and it wasn't as difficult as I expected.

„I'm not stepping on your feet, am I?" I asked and he giggled softly.

„How could you? It's like I'm walking on air." he said and I smiled. It all felt so unreal. He was here. Here dancing with me. He wouldn't go back to Florida. I was the happiest person ever.

I looked around and saw my friends. Jace was dancing with Clary, Simon was dancing with Izzy and Lydia was dancing with Raphael. I smiled. I'm glad she wasn't alone.

„You know, I've been in love with you way longer than you would think." I admitted while we were still dancing.

„Oh, really?" he asked. I grinned.

„I didn't knew how to feel because we haven't met each other yet but still it felt all so real. When we were talking on the phone, it felt like you were next to me." I admitted.

„I felt something for you. I just didn't know what it was but when I met you, I knew." I added. I heard him laughing softly.

„Me too, Alexander. You were so much more than just a friend since the beginning." he said. I also smiled. It felt like I could never stop smiling.

The song stopped and we stopped dancing. We got some drinks and enjoyed the evening. I'm sure this was one of the most beautiful nights I'll ever have.

When it was really late, we got home. We called a taxi and drove home. We opened the door and I was surprised that my parents were still awake. They turned on the lights and smiled at us.

„Magnus! We're so happy you're finally here again." my mom said and hugged him tight. I looked at them confused. When my mom let him go Magnus looked at my dad. He was also smiling.

„Welcome to our family." he said and shook his hand. Wow, I did not expect that. Even Magnus seemed surprised.

„Thank you so much, Mrs. and Mr. Lightwood. I really appreciate it." he said.

„Oh come on, call us Maryse and Robert." my dad said and Magnus nodded smiling.

„So wait, you all knew about this?" I asked. My parents looked at each other and laughed. Then they nodded. Wow.

„That's why we wanted to take a picture afterwards. We wanted to have the whole family on it." my mom said. Magnus looked at me and smiled. So did I. We laughed and stood together to take this picture.

„I guess you should go to sleep now." my mom said. I nodded and we all said goodnight. Me and Magnus went to my room. We both let us fall into my bed.

„I've never been this happy." Magnus said while looking at me dreamily. My heart felt like it was melting. He just means so much to me. I leaned to him, to give him a kiss. A lovely kiss.