Chapter 34

Ooops I almost forgot to upload. School is really stressing and we just had the second week pff. Btw it's Alec's bday today so happy birthday my best boy 🥺❤️
__________________

Alexander POV

While Magnus was getting ready in the bathroom, I went to the kitchen. I was done, so I was bored. It was already 1 p.m., but we haven't done anything yet. Today was my last day with Magnus and that made me sad, but I have something special planned for tonight.

In the kitchen stood my mother, who cleaned up. She was free today, but my dad was working. She smiled at me as she saw me.

"Where is Magnus?" she asked as she admitted the dishwasher. I approached her with a smile and leaned against the dining table.

"He's in the bathroom getting ready. We're leaving soon." I explained and she nodded.

"So you and Magnus, you are just friends?" my mother asked and I looked at her in surprise.

"Yeah, why do you ask that? " I asked in confusion. Does she suspect anything? She doesn't even know that I'm gay. She shut the dishwasher and turned around.

"I see the way you look at him. There is that sparkle in your eyes." She said. Was that so noticeable? And why doesn't she get angry? I thought it would be bad if they knew that I liked boys. I looked down.

"I like him very much, to be honest." I admitted quietly. My mother was silent and I thought she was disappointed, but when I looked up, I realized she was smiling at me.

"That's great, Alec. I thought you'd be unable to love someone who wasn't family." she said and pulled me into a hug. Surprised, I returned the hug.

"It doesn't bother you that he's a guy?" I asked in confusion. My mother let go of me and put her hands to my cheeks.

"I just want you to be happy. I don't care with who, and Magnus seems nice." She said. I smiled. I really didn't expect that. I always thought she was disappointed or angry because she always wanted to hook me up with Lydia. "Did you tell him what you feel, after all, he flies home tomorrow morning." she asked and I shook my head.

"No, but I've planned it tonight. I just want to clear before he leaves." I explained and she nodded, smiling. I was so nervous and I was a little scared.

At that moment, Magnus came into the kitchen and smiled at us. He looked good, as he always did.

"I'm ready, we can go." he said. I nodded and went to him. We said goodbye to my mother and left. We went to the subway and drove some stations. Meanwhile, Magnus could be a professional subway driver. We arrived and I took Magnus to the Statue of Liberty. He was amazed and grinned at me.

"I was wondering if we would come here." he said. I laughed.

"Of course, I mean the Statue of Liberty is an absolute must in New York and you're not allowed to go until we've done a selfie in front of it." I said and he laughed. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and opened the camera. We have already taken some pictures, but that's something special.

"This will be my background." he said. I smiled. Together we went to the city and spent the rest of the time together. When I noticed that the sun was slowly setting, I took him to a special place.

I was here sometimes when I want to think and the place means a lot to me. We went together and I drove up the elevator. Now we were here. At the Empire State Building. From here you can almost see all over New York and especially the sunset it is beautiful.

"Alexander, that's .. wow." He said and looked around. He turned to the railing and looked over New York. I watched him amused. I was nervous, because I decided to tell Magnus today what I feel for him.

"I knew you would like it, I saved it until the last night." I said and he smiled. I stood next to him and put my hands to the railing. "Tomorrow you will fly home again." I stated. Magnus nodded and looked sadly at me.

"I wish I could stay here longer." he said. I nodded and turned to him. My heart beat fast.

"Magnus, before you leave, I still have to talk to you." I said and Magnus also turned to me. He sighed, so I think he knows what it's all about.

"Me too." he replied and looked at me sadly. He took a step forward and took my hand. "This week was one of the best weeks of my life and I really enjoyed it, but I will go back tomorrow and I wanted to tell you before that. Even if I like you very much, we can't be together." he said and I swallowed. It was like a slap in the face and my heart hurt.

"Why?" I asked softly. My eyes got wet. "You kissed me, you made me feel like you liked me, why did you do that? Meant the kiss nothing to you?" I asked in a shaky voice. Magnus sighed.

"Yes, the kiss meant something to me, but that doesn't change the facts. You knew I didn't want to date anyone anymore." he explained. I felt a tear running down my cheek.

"I know but I thought it might be different with us. Magnus, I lo-"

"No, please don't tell me you love me because I can't say it back." he interrupted me. I pulled my hand away and wiped the tear away. "Alexander, I'm so sorry." he said and I nodded.

"I think we should go home." I said coldly. Magnus looked at me sadly and then nodded. Together we drove home again.

None of us said a word. I thought about it all the time. I was hurt. Infinite hurt. And I was angry. Why is he kissing me and showing that he likes me too and then he drops me like that. I didn't understand it.

How could I be so stupid? I knew he didn't want relationships anymore, but I thought I could show it was worth it. I thought he could love me. Me, Alec Lightwood. That was just stupid.

When we arrived at home, it was already quiet. It was 11 p.m. I went to my room with Magnus and took my blanket and pillow.

"You can sleep in my bed, I sleep on the sofa in the living room." I said and turned around.

"Alexander ..." he said but I ignored it. I went into the living room and sat on the sofa. When everything was quiet the tears were running. I was shocked when the door opened and someone came in. At first I thought it was Magnus, but it was my mother.

"Hey, how did it go with Ma-" she began, but stopped when she saw my tears. She looked at me sadly and sat down next to me. I leaned against her and she wrapped her arms around me. Magnus was right. Love hurts. But only if you fall in love with the wrong person.